Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

Old May 30th 2007, 9:13 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

What was yours before?? And why the heck do you need to see your arse to create your own...............though interesting image!!

My 4 year old thinks my avatar is Yoda's Dad...................
Old May 30th 2007, 9:23 am
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Poppy2
What was yours before?? And why the heck do you need to see your arse to create your own...............though interesting image!!

My 4 year old thinks my avatar is Yoda's Dad...................

didn't have one your post inspired me.

Seeing my arse, is a coloquial (SP) term for when someone gets a bit mardy and prehaps acts irrationally,

maybe like a kid taking their football home becuase a goal got disallowed.

EDIT I think you alrady know this, I was alluding to the fact that some poster of here created their own forum. I shuldn't really slate it tho as never seen it. Open goal and all that... however
your avatar is ace.
Old May 30th 2007, 9:27 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope that was news to me - the arse thing too! Clearly I have my head firmly wedged up mine and notice none of these things!!!

Well I likes the look of him, I wish I felt that energetic, I just feel that hairy!
Old May 30th 2007, 9:36 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cava Fizz
didn't have one your post inspired me.
To choose the North Korean flag? Any reason?
Old May 30th 2007, 9:46 am
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Avid
To choose the North Korean flag? Any reason?
yeah it is where I buy all my depleted uranium from.

No really I like the national anthem, like the Souths but better and boy can the NK's march.
Old May 30th 2007, 9:50 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it is where I buy all my depleted uranium from.

No really I like the national anthem, like the Souths but better and boy can the NK's march.
fair enough.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:01 am
Fight for the republic.

If you're intrested avid

loads of good vids on youtube of the marching.

I didn't quite know what to make of this tho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNAE...elated&search=
Old May 30th 2007, 10:19 am

If you're intrested avid

loads of good vids on youtube of the marching.

I didn't quite know what to make of this tho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNAE...elated&search=
I saw Kim Jong Il every bleedin' day on Japanese television....

As for the video...it's either a deranged South Korean's idea of life in the North or the CIA made it as some kind of subtle propaganda.

Or it's an embedded advert for Budweiser, like 90% of the videos on Youtube always turn out to be...

There seem to be quite a lot of bolshie-student-hippy types in Wellington. I wonder how many of them are old-style communists?

Last edited by Avid; May 30th 2007 at 10:21 am.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Avid;4850383

There seem to be quite a lot of bolshie-student-hippy types in Wellington. I wonder how many of them are old-style communists?[/QUOTE]

Of all the classes that stand face to face with the bourgeoisie today, the proletariat alone is a genuinely revolutionary class. The other classes decay and finally disappear in the face of Modern Industry; the proletariat is its special and essential product.

??

Avid?
Old May 30th 2007, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Of all the classes that stand face to face with the bourgeoisie today, the proletariat alone is a genuinely revolutionary class. The other classes decay and finally disappear in the face of Modern Industry; the proletariat is its special and essential product.

??

Avid?
I don't think a bunch of pseudo-hippy burn-the-flag-on-Anzac-day secretly middle-class kids from well-off families SCUM can be called the proletariat.

Anyway, the Chilean Naval ship 'Esmeralda' is due in Wellington today. It was used as a torture chamber by Pinochet in the 1970's but is now a kind of 'ambassador' for Chile, being one of the biggest sailing ships in the world.

Let's see if the students can be bothered to go and picket it..or will they be too busy writing anarchy blogs on the Internet?
Old May 30th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think a bunch of pseudo-hippy burn-the-flag-on-Anzac-day secretly middle-class kids from well-off families SCUM can be called the proletariat.

Anyway, the Chilean Naval ship 'Esmeralda' is due in Wellington today. It was used as a torture chamber by Pinochet in the 1970's but is now a kind of 'ambassador' for Chile, being one of the biggest sailing ships in the world.

Let's see if the students can be bothered to go and picket it..or will they be too busy writing anarchy blogs on the Internet?
WOW!
PHEW!

Sorreee!
Just quoting from Marx Communist Manifesto. Had to research it/learn it parrot fashion for degree in 60's! Kind of stuck!
But hey- no need to get your knickers in a twist!
Students are students- It's the time in life when they are suppose to rebell! Supposed to kick out at what they perceive as injustices. Good on them in many cases.
Guess many are really kicking out at their comfortable middle-class upbringing. Come on Avid- you must have been a student! You must have adopted an anti establishment attitude then- didn't you?

"take kindly the counsel of years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth!"
As if!
Old May 31st 2007, 12:07 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Two of the unwritten rules in life
Well, they were unwritten - so I guess now there are two fewer unwritten rules.

Unless new ones are created every time old ones are published....??
Old May 31st 2007, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by jennifer45
Guess many are really kicking out at their comfortable middle-class upbringing. Come on Avid- you must have been a student! You must have adopted an anti establishment attitude then- didn't you?
Most student protest is hormonal and based on sexual frustration.

Actually...that applies to just about everything that men do....
Old May 31st 2007, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Most student protest is hormonal and based on sexual frustration.

Actually...that applies to just about everything that men do....

Memories!

Now why the fixation with what men do! Female students were just as rebellious!
I led a 'student strike' and stood on a picket line!
Most of the Dons were delighted!
Must admit I cringe at the memories now!
Old May 31st 2007, 11:33 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
This must be that parallel universe Auckland again. I live well out of town (near you I think). I can drive into Albany and be on a bus within 20 min of leaving my house, in rush hour. I can park at the station for free, and 25 min after that will be in Auckland CBD. Once they finish the bus lane, it will be better still. If I was living south of the bridge, I could even catch a train. If I'm silly enough to live in a northern suburb and try to work in a southern one, then I'll have to take my chances.

Sure, it's not as good as London or a whole heap of other cities and I would not live in Auckland, or anywhere for that matter, without a car. But "losing your career due to a lack of public transport"??? Get a car. Learn to drive. Move house. Get over it. None of these are that hard, especially not for a presumably intelligent person who has had the resources to move half way across the world. Hence my flippant question about being a train driver, because I can't think of any other career which requires a public transport that Auckland hasn't got.

Apologies to anyone who is blind etc and is therefore incapable of driving but I guess you haven't read this either
Well, firstly the trains south of the bridge aren't much cop according to my workmates and the radio, plus looking at them (maybe 3 or 4 diesel units together in a row on crappy track that should have been upgraded 30 years ago) as I sit in a jam on the motorway I'd suggest that they ain't gonna move the number of people that are queuing on the southern motorway on an average morning - I happen to drive in that direction pretty early some days when I *have* to drive south of the city - for work (for example had to get to Hamilton for 0930 yesterday so another 0600 start was required) my work is almost impossible to do via public transport unless like today involved a wander over the road to a site.
I wasn't complaining about not being able to do the work commute via bus rather the fact that the roads here aren't coping at the moment, plus all the building going on in Albany and soon to be started in Silverdale (do you know how many homes are planned for that area? talking to the teachers at Silverdale Primary before my son started school and the numbers are huge given that there is little there at the moment - before/without Penlink that is gonna be another nightmare). Combined this is going to make any commute to CBD or points South even more difficult and snarl up an already congested road system. The bus lanes may help some people but I doubt they will shift many Kiwis out of their 4x4s, UTEs, etc. Plus the junction improvements just before the bridge say 2009 for completion, which will really screw up people coming from the south end of the shore for the next 2 years - gulp. Having said that I did get a decent run home tonight - 45 minutes - but that was at 7.00pm.
My point remains, Auckland has nowhere near the necessary public transport infrastructure and anyone who is coming from almost any city/large town in the UK will be shocked at the congestion and should consider where they want to live carefully before commiting.
BTW, when I have caught the bus (in Orewa) at early rush hour it has taken me over an hour to reach the city, most of which was spent on the on/off ramps and getting along the crawl where the bus lane has been closed for the improvements. Coming back has been equally bad. But then I have only done this a couple of times for meetings. Considered the Gulf Harbour ferry but the only time I got there it was cancelled due to bad weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.