Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

Old May 29th 2007, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

Originally Posted by mazi
Not the driving! You trying for a fight again?
Too knackered-you'll have to wait-I can't concentrate!
Old May 29th 2007, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danny.f
New Zealand is rubbish even though I don't live there any more
Not living there doesn't mean it's suddenly alright! I still have regular dealings with NZ so I feel I can still moan about certain things...can't I?

It's nice that you're happy though (that is sincere by the way - is there a sincere smiley? Typing just doesn't cut it sometimes.), but you don't sound too happy today

Wassup?
Old May 29th 2007, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

Too knackered-you'll have to wait-I can't concentrate!
You're just worried I'll win again, I know!

Last edited by mazi; May 29th 2007 at 5:14 pm. Reason: apostrophe in wrong place - tsk
Old May 29th 2007, 9:02 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Don't stay,go away,do something about it or piss off. There is nowhere perfect on this planet,if there was-you moaning bastards would be there to spoil it.
If NZ isn't for you-never mind-unlucky-you tried,so try somewhere else,you've gone this far-anywhere else is closer to the UK.

Personally,despite its flaws,I love it,good people,loads of space,and my family are happy. So there.

I always find these kinds of posts a bit...odd. I'm not saying I disagree with your ideas but I just find it strange that people feel the need to go on to 'negative' threads and lecture people. It isn't really any different from going on to positive threads and moaning, the sort of behaviour that usually ends up in a banning from sites like these.

Ironically, a lot of the 'positivity' and 'negativity' could be seen as being part of the longer immigration process. Threads that say I'VE GOT A PASSPORT!!! and I'VE LANDED AT THE AIRPORT!!!!! are no different to 'Why is it so cold'? and 'What's in that sausage'?....the first are the initial 'everything-is-great-I'm-so-excited' culture shock and the latter are in secondary 'I-hate-everything' post-coital comedown that affects many people.

I'd guess some of the more hardcore 'whingers' and 'happy-clappies' are people either coming to terms with or stuck in their development as immigrants. Eventually we all get to the promised 'content with ourselves and our choice in coming to New Zealand' stage. But people who get to that point are probably less likely to post on message boards such as this, which makes places such as these look more polarised than is normal.

So, I think telling people to 'piss off if they don't like it' is missing the bigger picture. It's all part of a well-documented process of settling into a new life and is just as cruel as going on to the "I've got a Puppy" thread with pictures of a Korean barbecue....

God, I envy those stuck at the happy phase....
Old May 29th 2007, 9:26 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry
How about a SLAG OFF UK THREAD for those who want to go home to get back to the things they left to come here for .
You sad people who have nothing better to do than slag off the place YOU CHOSE to come to .You have the RIGHT TO LEAVE ,YOU WERE NOT ASKED TO COME HERE you applied and paid to do so .That may give you the right to complain but hey if you dont like what you paid for then the second word is OFF.
We came here to make a new life and are having a great time doing so and do not miss Walkers crisps or any of the other UK foods/sausages etc .You choose to come accept what is on offer.It will not change just for you .This is NZ ,WELCOME.
I really think this thread was started in a tongue-in-cheek type way, but regardless of that there is nothing wrong with having the odd moan now and again. We've all moved abroad to different corners of the world and we all have a bad day.
BE is here for those bad days, those not so bad days and those wonderful days, so that we as expats can share and talk and support each other through the ups and the downs. Sometimes you don't want to moan to your next door neighbour so people come on here to share with their fellow expats who will know just what they are going through. Just because someone has a whinge doesn't mean they don't like their new adopted country ..... so cut people some slack.

Originally Posted by cherry
I will prob get some slagging off for this but the answer is **** off .
There is also no need for this, if you can't be more respectful of your fellow members then perhaps you should stop using this forum.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Don't stay,go away,do something about it or piss off. There is nowhere perfect on this planet,if there was-you moaning bastards would be there to spoil it.
Please do not post comments like this again. As per the first of our site rules: "BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack."
Old May 29th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Apple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue
Please do not post comments like this again. As per the first of our site rules: "BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack."
I have tried several times to get this thread into a more light-hearted and less snarky thread, but it seems the protagonists on both sides just want it to be a slanging match.
Leave them to it I say. How about putting up a notice at the start saying enter at your own risk?
Maybe if it is all bashed out in this thread, it will allow the rest of the forum to be more civilised? (although I doubt it)

Last edited by Apple13; May 29th 2007 at 9:35 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 30th 2007, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

I think what Chezzer is trying to say is that there is an alternative. I don't buy into the 'can't afford to move back' business-I mean-sell your house and rent til you can afford-or get a loan and transfer it once you're back.
It is strange the amount of people who have moved here,hate it for whatever reason,then decide there's nothing to do about it than to come on here to tell us.
Empower yourselves,be flexible,honest,resourceful. Don't moan about it-take responsibility for your happiness.
No one is saying it's perfect here-it's expensive in my opinion,so don't spend as much. It's cold during the Winter!! **** me,now there's a concept. Cold Winters. Who'd have thought eh? Get some heating!!
What did people do when it was cold in Britain? The cars are loud,the tea's bad,the people smell,no-one can drive,the water's wet,it's windy,it's too hot,too cold,there's no ozone,the Health Care is rubbish,the clouds are long and white,the wages are crap,the hairdressers are useless,the telly's crap,there's no footy,Italy's better,never had this problem in Hull, they talk funny,New Zealand is rubbish even though I don't live there any more, the kids wear hoods,blah blah blah.
If NZ isn't for you-never mind-unlucky-you tried,so try somewhere else,you've gone this far-anywhere else is closer to the UK.

Personally,despite its flaws,I love it,good people,loads of space,and my family are happy. So there.

HURRAY!! Someone speaking sense on this thread!!
Have some Karma!!
Old May 30th 2007, 8:08 am
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sue
I really think this thread was started in a tongue-in-cheek type way, but regardless of that there is nothing wrong with having the odd moan now and again.
I know, I feel like Allah [yes I know Islam teaches you aren't meant to compare him] or Jesus Christ must feel when they look down at earth. They see what a chance they gave everyone and how you all messed it up.

This thread was started in response to the "vent" thread which bored me to tears because people could not accept other people may have a different opinon. It was like going up to a mother who had an ugly baby and saying your baby is ugly and expecting her to agree.

People were only meant to post factually correct stuff; unfortunatelty mine weren't.

Anyway I am reply whore so all these replies makes me estatic, [even if I don't bother to read them/all]

If I was Jesus Christ I would have buckled on the 1st day of lent, or asked the devil to speed upto the bit where I could jump off a tower and be saved by angels.

Anyway my fact to finish with,

When Michael Palin goes 'full circle' NZ>OZ.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:14 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Two of the unwritten rules in life.

1) You should only phone people after 10pm if it's an emergency.

2) After the 5th page a thread doesn't have to be 'on-topic'.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:26 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Omg Avid, you are good value as they say here! If those are the only 2 unwritten rules, then phew, I am safe there! Really.....you could only think of 2?
Old May 30th 2007, 8:28 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

And is that you in the avatar, because that is me in mine. How off topic is that???
Old May 30th 2007, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Avid
Two of the unwritten rules in life.

1) You should only phone people after 10pm if it's an emergency.

2) After the 5th page a thread doesn't have to be 'on-topic'.
Or 8pm if in NZ
Old May 30th 2007, 9:03 am
NS covern member #1

Or if Shorty Street or Coro is on
Old May 30th 2007, 9:06 am
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Poppy2
And is that you in the avatar, because that is me in mine. How off topic is that???
eek just changed mine!

I can't find a forum to accomodate british expats there. Should I see my arse and create my own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.