Reload this Page >

Skype for NZ-UK communications

Skype for NZ-UK communications

Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skype for NZ-UK communications

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
I'm still waiting for someone to show me a picture of a piggin' microphone that I can take into PC world so that I can get set up...I'm not kidding guys...I'm a serious technophobe...I have no idea what I'm doing with 'puters...somebody take pity on me please....

My username (if I ever get the chance to use it!!) is Pinkie1212...
I got a microphone in Maplins for £4.99. Any old pile 'o'crap will do. If you go into a Maplin store go to the computer section and ask one of the sales staff they will show you (If you have speakers on your pc you wont need a fancy headset.). Interestingly the microphone plugs into the pink socket on your pc.

How cute!!

Regards
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:04 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
I got a microphone in Maplins for £4.99. Any old pile 'o'crap will do. If you go into a Maplin store go to the computer section and ask one of the sales staff they will show you (If you have speakers on your pc you wont need a fancy headset.). Interestingly the microphone plugs into the pink socket on your pc.

How cute!!

Regards
OMG Ali, you're right - I've got a pink socket with a pic of a microphone above it on the front of my pc when I pull the little door thing down...that is verrrryyyy cute...now I just need to get me piggin' microphone and hey ho we're off!!

Authorised you btw Ali and guess what - Biddy has already skyped me for a typing chat!!!! I've been Skyped!!!!!....
Old Jul 7th 2005, 10:15 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

OMG Ali, you're right - I've got a pink socket with a pic of a microphone above it on the front of my pc when I pull the little door thing down...that is verrrryyyy cute...now I just need to get me piggin' microphone and hey ho we're off!!

Authorised you btw Ali and guess what - Biddy has already skyped me for a typing chat!!!! I've been Skyped!!!!!....
Well he hasn't skyped me, and I have a microphone and everything! Most offended. Harrumph. Going to corner to sulk now...

Just kidding... as usual...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 10:20 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
Well he hasn't skyped me, and I have a microphone and everything! Most offended. Harrumph. Going to corner to sulk now...

Just kidding... as usual...
Awww, bless, he obviously loves me more than you!!!

Don't worry Simon, I'll Skype you when I get me microphone set up...just have to figure out how to dial up....!!!

Ali and Phyl skyped me tonight and it was just simply hysterical I could hear them but they couldn't hear me needless to say...still at least I now know that I don't need headphones...could hear them as clear as anything!!!

Does anybody have the username...John mit??? Somebody has just sent me a chat message and all it says is hi??
Bit bloody scared now...please identify yourself if it's one of you!!! :scared:
Old Jul 7th 2005, 10:29 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Awww, bless, he obviously loves me more than you!!!

Don't worry Simon, I'll Skype you when I get me microphone set up...just have to figure out how to dial up....!!!

Ali and Phyl skyped me tonight and it was just simply hysterical I could hear them but they couldn't hear me needless to say...still at least I now know that I don't need headphones...could hear them as clear as anything!!!

Does anybody have the username...John mit??? Somebody has just sent me a chat message and all it says is hi??
Bit bloody scared now...please identify yourself if it's one of you!!! :scared:
You don't have to dial, just click on the person you want to talk to and then click on the green telephone icon at the bottom.

Ali and Phil haven't skyped me either... nobody loves me. Sniff sniff. Perhaps I should reconsider that pet terrapin...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 10:35 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to dial, just click on the person you want to talk to and then click on the green telephone icon at the bottom.

Ali and Phil haven't skyped me either... nobody loves me. Sniff sniff. Perhaps I should reconsider that pet terrapin...
You've not been forgotten KJP, it's just that you're offline everytime we think of skyping you, your profile says that you're 'away'.

Phyl
Old Jul 7th 2005, 10:53 pm
Don't let me get me....

thanks for the technical advice Simon...much appreciated...it'd be a bugger if I got all set up and then didn't know how to make contact!!

Awww, does nobody love you Simon...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:20 pm
Banned

thanks for the technical advice Simon...much appreciated...it'd be a bugger if I got all set up and then didn't know how to make contact!!

Awww, does nobody love you Simon...
Well... my wife and kids... me mum... my adoring public... and everybody on here! Well maybe not the last one...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:22 pm
Don't let me get me....

Well... my wife and kids... me mum... my adoring public... and everybody on here! Well maybe not the last one...
But have they got Skype!!!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:24 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Caz darling go to bed, iron clobber, lay it out, brush toothie pegs etc...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:29 pm
Banned

No they just have me. Well, I let them use Skype for ten minutes every tuesday, if they are good. In addition, the kids have to clean my shoes and the wife has to feed and water me. My mum has to promise not to nag more than once a week, and my adoring public just have to adore me more loudly.

I don't ask for much.

Now don't forget, when you go down to PC World/Dixons/Currys/Comet for you microphone, say the following:

"Hello I'm a luddite. Give me a microphone and a webcam, and be quick about it!"

Take them home, plug them in, follow the instructions on the screen. Place microphone in front of you, and the webcam on top of the monitor looking towards you.

Download Spontania (www.video4skype.com) and install.

Come and join the fun!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:30 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
Caz darling go to bed, iron clobber, lay it out, brush toothie pegs etc...
thanks Phyl...on my way up the wooden hill now....
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:31 pm
Don't let me get me....

No they just have me. Well, I let them use Skype for ten minutes every tuesday, if they are good. In addition, the kids have to clean my shoes and the wife has to feed and water me. My mum has to promise not to nag more than once a week, and my adoring public just have to adore me more loudly.

I don't ask for much.

Now don't forget, when you go down to PC World/Dixons/Currys/Comet for you microphone, say the following:

"Hello I'm a luddite. Give me a microphone and a webcam, and be quick about it!"

Take them home, plug them in, follow the instructions on the screen. Place microphone in front of you, and the webcam on top of the monitor looking towards you.

Download Spontania (www.video4skype.com) and install.

Come and join the fun!
Noooo, never said anything about a webcam did I.... I'll start off slowly with a microphone and build up from there...