Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Skype for NZ-UK communications

Skype for NZ-UK communications

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:16 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice
Default Re: Skype for NZ-UK communications

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Hmmm looks like a shure 520dx

probably sold out in the 1950s..................
Close... a Shure 55.

Give me an SM58 any day, now there's a mic...

Plugin - Can be used to fill a plug socket like an electronic rawlplug

Spontania4skype - Like the famous 'insania' by Peter Andre but spontanious and compatible with the sky providing that PE (physical Education) is incorporated

Skypeout account - An emitted report about Aerial Physical Education.

VOIP Call - The mating call of a Vole Of Independant Persuasion (An autosexual Vole )

IPAQ PDA - Inter Personal Amplitude Quotient - Parental Dependant Adult (A fat old person still living with, but philosophically divided from their parents)

NZ - Nebula Zoological (Like the northern lights but made of animals rather than ionised particles in a magnetic field and only found in the southern hemisphere)

By the way, a Magnetic Field is where they grow Compasses.
You do know that they'll take the hallucinogenics off you at Auckland Airport Customs, don't you...???

Last edited by kiwijetpilot; Jul 3rd 2005 at 1:19 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:46 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
You do know that they'll take the hallucinogenics off you at Auckland Airport Customs, don't you...???
Now that is seriously funny...might even send you some karma for it if I can be @rsed...
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:53 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Now that is seriously funny...might even send you some karma for it if I can be @rsed...
Hey, I'm a funny guy (no, not that way, thank you)

Still don't get karma, I thought those blue boxes were a signal strength meter...
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Close... a Shure 55.

Give me an SM58 any day, now there's a mic...

They can't take away my flashbacks though
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:03 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Hi

We're on as username Segamad.

I went on Skype some time ago on the recommendation of one of my Aussie mates. We never got to talk on it because of the time difference and he and I were never online at the same time. I did get called by some Italian guy who couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak Italian. That was a bit of a non starter. I must say the sound quality was great. I was utterly unclear with perfect clarity!!!

Regards
Hi Sega mad can you approve me? paulrobertwebb

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:03 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Well after a year of resisting, I recently downloaded skype (www.skype.com). I had thought it was full of spyware or other malware, but it turns out it is clean. It installs easily, all you need is a microphone and some speakers.

Anyway, I have been trying it out and have found that the quality and clarity of calls to Europe is superb. best of all, it is essentially free - the basic service is free, the add-ons will cost you money though, and as you are using your internet connection and not your phone, the cost is whatever your internet connection costs.

It has to be the best tool out there for communicating with the mother country on the cheap, and I recommend it to all expats. I have no connection with skype and absolutely nothing to gain by recommending it, BTW.

My skype username is kiwijetpilot, so if anyone wants to chat rather than type, I'm online a lot. Maybe hear from some of you!
Hi Jetpilot can you approve me? paulrobertwebb

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:04 pm
Nice Tats

Originally Posted by Biddy
Done.
Hi Biddy can you approve me? paulrobertwebb

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:47 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Hi Biddy can you approve me? paulrobertwebb

Cheers
Done - just tried to phone you - were you on the throne?
Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:03 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Hi Sega mad can you approve me? paulrobertwebb

Cheers
I'm on at the moment but consider it done
Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:22 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

aha, so its you pompey_paul - had no idea who paulrobertwebb was...rather formal username!! I've authorised you but still have no idea if I need a microphone or not so ringing me may be somewhat pointless!!

Will one of these do Simon....my favourite colour too....

Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:28 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

aha, so its you pompey_paul - had no idea who paulrobertwebb was...rather formal username!! I've authorised you but still have no idea if I need a microphone or not so ringing me may be somewhat pointless!!

You definatley need a microphone! or else a webcam with one built in.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:28 pm
Nice Tats

Done - just tried to phone you - were you on the throne?
Sorry....left it logged on and went downstairs to see tour de france!

Catch you tomorrow!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:41 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Pinkie - are you up and running yet?
What's your user name?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:23 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie - are you up and running yet?
What's your user name?
I'm still waiting for someone to show me a picture of a piggin' microphone that I can take into PC world so that I can get set up...I'm not kidding guys...I'm a serious technophobe...I have no idea what I'm doing with 'puters...somebody take pity on me please....

My username (if I ever get the chance to use it!!) is Pinkie1212...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a look at their website. You could either buy a headset that will plug into USB and has a mic attached, do a search for "USB headset", the one that comes up is:
LOGITECH
980374-0914
PREMIUM USB HEADSET 350

for £37.59

or if you have mic and speaker sockets available, go for a standard headset to plug into these:

Model - CYBER ACOUSTICS AC-201
Product Code - 141538

for £9.99,

or if you do a search for microphones, there's any number of them. You could always print the pages off the pcworld website and take into the shop

Hope this helps

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a picture of a piggin' microphone that I can take into PC world so that I can get set up...I'm not kidding guys...I'm a serious technophobe...I have no idea what I'm doing with 'puters...somebody take pity on me please....

My username (if I ever get the chance to use it!!) is Pinkie1212...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.