Reload this Page >

Skype interview with recruiter

Skype interview with recruiter

Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

warrend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skype interview with recruiter

Hi,

I have a Skype interview with a NZ job recruiter later today; which is in relation to a specific job they advertised.

Has anyone experienced this? What kind of questions should I expect? I've never had a Skype interview before.

Should I treat this in the same way as an interview directly with an employer? Or, as it's a recruiter, will it be a bit different?

Thanks for any replies!
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:18 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skype interview with recruiter

treat it as any job interview. make sure you check your skype picture out, remove anything in the back ground or put a backdrop behind yourself. make sure that the sound quality it ok. have you done your research on the position and have questions to ask??
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
have you done your research on the position and have questions to ask??
Yeah - I'm good to go with all that, thanks. I'm just not sure how necessary it's going to be, or really what to expect.

I understand that some recruiters do treat it like an interview, whereas others just see it as a way of getting you on their books.

Not sure which way it'll go. Still, better to be over-prepared, than under.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:57 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

husband had a number of skype calls with recruiters whilst he was in the UK, sad to say nothing came of them. - this was for IT work might be different for your field
Old Dec 17th 2013, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
husband had a number of skype calls with recruiters whilst he was in the UK, sad to say nothing came of them. - this was for IT work might be different for your field
Mine was for IT work too. It actually went pretty well - but like you say, who knows whether anything will come from it.

With it just being with a recruiter, I found it was more of an informal chat about my work preferences, rather than an actual job interview.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Engel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really nice

Test your skype/camera/sound with a friend. Go through a practise and make sure your range of movements don't go off screen. Check the angle of your camera so it is not looking up your nose. I ised my laprops built in camera and raised it up on some books.