Old May 12th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future
Default Skype

Need this for a job interview but i not got a webcam or microphone.

I got a video call mobile phone. Anyone know if this can be used instead,

thanks
Old May 12th 2008, 8:34 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default Re: Skype

some like the nokia e63 or n95 can run Skype, but only if you have a data package (like the package from 3). Grab a cheap(ish) Webcam, just stick to the named ones like creative, logitec. I have heard some good things about the Microsoft MSN webcams, but have never used with Skype.

would get the webcam, you will probably get use of it down the line for other things
Old May 13th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by markraynes

thanks
the playstation 2 eyetoy works ok,if someone you know's got one of them.
It has an inbuilt micro phone
Old May 13th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

I have a phone running Windows Mobile with WiFi connectivity and a camera for video calls. I can use Skype via Wifi, saving expensive data costs, however, Mobile Skype doesn't make use of the camera.

As newzealandplease suggests get yourself a webcam. I've bought several Logitech webcams now (one for me, others for family and friends back in the UK) and they (with Skype) have been an excellent way of sharing a laugh over a beer or two with those on the wrong side of the Equator.

Oh... and good luck with the interview!

Hope this helps;

--paj

Last edited by Johnsyweb; May 13th 2008 at 9:45 pm. Reason: Can't type.