Sky TV. Worth it?

Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:10 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky TV. Worth it?

Has anyone hooked up to Sky and is it worth it? We have got crap reception in Marlborough and whilst we do not watch a lot of TV, it would be nice to veg out and actually watch something worthwhile.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sky TV. Worth it?

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Has anyone hooked up to Sky and is it worth it? We have got crap reception in Marlborough and whilst we do not watch a lot of TV, it would be nice to veg out and actually watch something worthwhile.
Yes it is definitley worth getting sky.There is so much to watch if you get bored of an evening and the sports channel is great for events like the the world cup(soccer)tennis etc.We don't watch alot of but once you put the kids to bed some evenings there is not alot to do.
The food channel is excellent and the Living channel is great for seeing programmes like A place in the sun,property ladder etc.You will find most Brits have Sky TV and it is also good for Sky news in the UK.It is not too expensive about $42.00 dollars a month and definitley worth it.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough

Yes it is definitley worth getting sky.There is so much to watch if you get bored of an evening and the sports channel is great for events like the the world cup(soccer)tennis etc.We don't watch alot of but once you put the kids to bed some evenings there is not alot to do.
The food channel is excellent and the Living channel is great for seeing programmes like A place in the sun,property ladder etc.You will find most Brits have Sky TV and it is also good for Sky news in the UK.It is not too expensive about $42.00 dollars a month and definitley worth it.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi
I think it is worth having Sky if you like watching TV at the night time, you can find something to watch if you try hard. I have left my sat at home in my Dad's house (only on Free veiw channels ) . It is plugged in to a slingbox so I can watch all my favourite UK progs via Broadband. You can also record them to your hard disk for watching any time . Best £160 pounds I spent.
Waking the dead was especialy good this week. Actualy 10:00am this morning.
Cheers
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:16 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Sky is my life. I love Sky. I don't know if they have Sky Plus in NZ, but I would definetly get that. Love being able to record things. Hubby had Sky in NZ and it was great, especially news channels, and as someone else said, sports. Go on get it, get some beers in and indulge....Ahhhh, bliss.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:26 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Sky is my life. I love Sky.
She does seem like a nice lady but...does she know how you feel?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:52 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my gosh....yes it is!!

The free channels are pathetic, just a constant diet of american cop or forensic science series slotted into programme schedules designed to appeal to the masses and sprinkled with long advertising breaks ... pause for breath!

We've Sky for the educmacational channels (Docu, History, Nat Geo etc) Rialto, Living TV, bit of UK TV which sometimes has gems of series such as "Who Do You Think You Are" and the news channels from outside of NZ.

The movie channels aren't worth the money and the box office shows films that we got out from blockbusters weeks before.

And now that Sky have MTV we've had to get an additional decoder for the kids too
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:00 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
She does seem like a nice lady but...does she know how you feel?

Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:37 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hi
I think it is worth having Sky if you like watching TV at the night time, you can find something to watch if you try hard. I have left my sat at home in my Dad's house (only on Free veiw channels ) . It is plugged in to a slingbox so I can watch all my favourite UK progs via Broadband. You can also record them to your hard disk for watching any time . Best £160 pounds I spent.
Waking the dead was especialy good this week. Actualy 10:00am this morning.
Cheers
Mmm... Can you explain how this works please mcuddy1?

Might be worth attaching this to the Really useful thread
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:54 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Jack - I can't help but think of you whenever I see this -

and also, it would be great to see some more blog entries......
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:57 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
and also, it would be great to see some more blog entries......
Im on it

Been in pain and doing this bloody EOI thing. I think I balls the EOI application up with quals ect. Time will tell
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:05 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
I think I balls the EOI application up with quals ect. Time will tell
Oh no! Charlie know?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Oh no! Charlie know?
Nah. She doesnt even know about the application yet

Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:07 pm
Banned

She will Thursday
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:01 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning everyone! Or evening, depending on where you are.

I just grabbed the follwoing for the SKY TV NZ Website

"Start Up - Current Rate: $46.61 per month

Start Up is an exciting mix of over 20 channels covering news, kids' channels, documentaries and sport.
With Start Up you also have access to interactive channels such as SkyBet and SKY Box Office.
Plus you get crystal clear reception on TV One, TV2, TV3, Prime and C4.

Channels available: BBC World, SKY News New Zealand, CNN, Fox News, The Weather Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, The History Channel, SKY 1, UKTV, Disney Channel, Playhouse Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Juice TV, J2, MTV NZ, Alt TV, E!, The Living Channel, Food TV, Maori TV, ESPN, TAB Trackside, TV One, TV2, TV3, C4, Prime, CCTV-9, Southland TV, Shine TV, Concert FM, National Radio, George FM, Calvary Chapel Radio, Kiwi, Nui FM, Tahu FM, The Guide, and the SkyWatch Magazine plus access to Pay-Per-View channels
"

At $500 per year roughly, I wonder what is actually worth watching from the list, BBC World, UkTV, Discovery (seems the same after a while, ditto Nat Geo).

Sky 1 looks...well, pants. Jerry Springer and Startrek/Stargate.

Anyone have a opinion on the free to air digital TV that is coming this year, I have struggled to find any information, other than it's on it's way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.