British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Sky Talk Unlimited (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/sky-talk-unlimited-519668/)

Marjol Mar 6th 2008 7:38 pm

Sky Talk Unlimited

Hello All
Just got off the phone with NZIS, in New Zealand. Just a couple of things I needed to clarify, which has increased my EOI points to 130 from 115:thumbsup:. Still no job offer as yet but the ball is rolling and now is a bit bigger!!
Anyway the point of this thread is that some months ago I switched to Sky Talk and took the Unlimited package which is £5 per month. I won't go into all the details of it you can look for yourself. If you are reading this I guess you have a computer!!!:lol:
You do get FREE international calls, including good old NZ.:thumbup: Talk for up to 1 hour, hang up then call again. I now ring NZIS instead of trying London (at £1/minute:thumbdown:). If you don't know the number it is 0064 9 914 4100 then go for option 6. You will hear the usual "you have called at one of our busiest times" nonsense that is built into every phone system known to man. Don't hang up, I have never waited more than a couple of minutes. Talking to the Kiwi immigration office is a pleasure, they are helpful and friendly and for me makes me want to be there even more.
The amount of time I have had to spend on the phone (mostly before finding this site) it has saved me a fortune.
Just thought someone out there might be interested:)

Now going to book London Expo ticket, hope to see some of you there:thumbsup:

Martin

hjmilligan Mar 6th 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Sky Talk Unlimited

Yea,mums got sky and calls me every week,sisters got talk talk and they can choose a international number to call for free up to an hour! So family call me every weekend at no cost to either side:thumbsup:

Helen

nena11 Mar 6th 2008 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Marjol (Post 6027724)

Martin

We are also going, planning to go on the Saturday, hope to see you there :D

Selene and Martin

Marjol Mar 6th 2008 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by nena11 (Post 6027859)
We are also going, planning to go on the Saturday, hope to see you there :D

Selene and Martin

Maybe the Forum Posse should wear something so we recognise each other as the BE masiv:rofl::rofl:

Martin

chocolate cake Mar 6th 2008 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Marjol (Post 6027724)
Hello All
Just got off the phone with NZIS, in New Zealand. Just a couple of things I needed to clarify, which has increased my EOI points to 130 from 115:thumbsup:. Still no job offer as yet but the ball is rolling and now is a bit bigger!!
Anyway the point of this thread is that some months ago I switched to Sky Talk and took the Unlimited package which is £5 per month. I won't go into all the details of it you can look for yourself. If you are reading this I guess you have a computer!!!:lol:
You do get FREE international calls, including good old NZ.:thumbup: Talk for up to 1 hour, hang up then call again. I now ring NZIS instead of trying London (at £1/minute:thumbdown:). If you don't know the number it is 0064 9 914 4100 then go for option 6. You will hear the usual "you have called at one of our busiest times" nonsense that is built into every phone system known to man. Don't hang up, I have never waited more than a couple of minutes. Talking to the Kiwi immigration office is a pleasure, they are helpful and friendly and for me makes me want to be there even more.
The amount of time I have had to spend on the phone (mostly before finding this site) it has saved me a fortune.
Just thought someone out there might be interested:)

Martin

I use Skype alot, pc to pc is free and the quality over broadband line is usually excellent. The software is free to download from their site, and there's only a small registration fee which buys time for pc to phone calls. Even pc to a NZ phone no. is reasonable at 1.5p a minute.