British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   sky and grass (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/sky-grass-728446/)

Justcol Aug 13th 2011 11:26 am

sky and grass

Is the sky still blue and grass green in nz ??

Just thought I'd ask and add this to the crop of recent silly questions that have been asked.

chippy64 Aug 13th 2011 11:37 am

Re: sky and grass

:thumbsup:

Reylan Aug 13th 2011 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 9556748)

Just thought I'd ask and add this to the crop of recent silly questions that have been asked.

Like??

janetlindsey Aug 13th 2011 4:49 pm

No question is silly to the asker.:frown:
Btw the sky is very grey, got the green grass though, but that's looking out of my window, not yours.;)

love30stm Aug 13th 2011 8:59 pm

:D

love30stm Aug 13th 2011 9:03 pm

Must admit never asked questions or came on BE before I moved to NZ, reasearched and didn't use a agent and just went for it, if I read half the stuff on here before, don't think I would have emigrated :p

sirplug Aug 13th 2011 10:26 pm

Col, is the sand the same on your beach, as it is on mine...........

Margaret Parkinson Aug 13th 2011 10:48 pm

Here's another one my husband says the water goes down the plug hole when you are emptying the sink in the opposite direction to the UK.

Well?

June

Justcol Aug 14th 2011 1:28 am

1) Its my beach not yours, I live on it and have staked my claim.

2) yes it does (really it does) go the opposite way down the drain.

love30stm....or maybe not ended up in wanganui !!!

Bo-Jangles Aug 14th 2011 2:55 am

Can't decide on the sky today, it's been very 'random'. One minute bright blue sky and warm sunshine, the next it's been cold blustery and raining. At other times it has been white sky, wet, windy and sunny, dry, cold and dark. :rofl:

Just now we're having a grey sky moment out of one window and blue sky out of another.

As for the grass, it is green, it desperately needs cutting but it is too wet and boggy.

Bo-Jangles Aug 14th 2011 3:06 am

Oops, black sky , howling wind and hail now!!

RobDon Aug 14th 2011 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 9557891)
Can't decide on the sky today, it's been very 'random'. One minute bright blue sky and warm sunshine, the next it's been cold blustery and raining. At other times it has been white sky, wet, windy and sunny, dry, cold and dark. :rofl:

Just now we're having a grey sky moment out of one window and blue sky out of another.

As for the grass, it is green, it desperately needs cutting but it is too wet and boggy.

Same as above here! Except for the grass ;) ours has been cut and it aint boggy! :D

love30stm Aug 14th 2011 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 9557818)
1) Its my beach not yours, I live on it and have staked my claim.

2) yes it does (really it does) go the opposite way down the drain.

love30stm....or maybe not ended up in wanganui !!!

Excuse me? I didn't plan to end up in Wanganui, Hubby had a ver good job/money offer we couldnt refuse! And I have good friends here and blah blah.

Now looking and hoping to move on especially eventually out of NZ! I certainly wouldnt have moved to NZ If I was young and single :p

love30stm Aug 14th 2011 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Reylan (Post 9557164)
Like??

Probably like where do you meet single people :p:lol:

cappuccino Aug 14th 2011 6:18 am

No Col, today the sky was grey and the grass white - we had SNOW in Wellington :rofl: