Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is skin cancer/moles an obstacle to work visa?

Is skin cancer/moles an obstacle to work visa?

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:19 am
Just Joined

nick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the rough
Default Is skin cancer/moles an obstacle to work visa?

My gf has her NZ job offer in place and we are set to travel there late Jan. However she recently found out she has to go into hospital to get a dodgy mole removed. Then it will have to be tested etc.

This info was all detailed at her medical. Its a very minor thing (and probably nothing) so should she be worried about it causing a problem on her work visa application? Anyone else had similar experience?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is skin cancer/moles an obstacle to work visa?

Originally Posted by nick99
My gf has her NZ job offer in place and we are set to travel there late Jan. However she recently found out she has to go into hospital to get a dodgy mole removed. Then it will have to be tested etc.

This info was all detailed at her medical. Its a very minor thing (and probably nothing) so should she be worried about it causing a problem on her work visa application? Anyone else had similar experience?
I had a bascal cell carcinoma removed when I was 20 (much older now!!) and they queried it on my medical. However my GP provided all relevant information of the treatment I received at the time ( which was just the removal of the thing and stitches) and the fact that there was no follow-on treatment necessary and NZIS were satisfied with that.

Most moles turn out to be just that, moles, so please don't go worrying unnecessarily about things. the whole immigration thing is stressful enough as it is without adding to it.

Good Luck.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:48 am
Just Joined

nick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the rough

Great, thanks guys
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nick99

Hi, I had to have a suspicious mole removed and tested before we moved here. Once it was off and tested and given the all clear everything was fine. No worries.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Cheers, well the moles are now off and we wait for the docs letter. The doc at the medical says we should wait to get that before sending in the work visa app.