Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ski Instructor jobs

Ski Instructor jobs

Old Jan 1st 2013, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Corsto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ski Instructor jobs

Hi I'm 19 and looking for ski instructor opportunities commencing the 2013 season. Does anyone have any tips including ease of obtaining a working VISA? Many thanks !
Old Jan 1st 2013, 6:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ski Instructor jobs

Hi and welcome to this wee NZ forum.

Ref visas. At 19 you may want to look at a working holiday visa. This would allow you entry into New Zealand with the thought of having your ski boots on the ground here to find the work.Once you had the work, you would maybe look at a temporary work permit if needs be.

Link to NZSIA web page. That will get you started.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:55 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I will second what BEVS said. If you are a UK citizen you can choose either a one or two year working holiday visa. They are the same price, but you have to get a medical, xray and police report with the two year version. Despite being a two year visa you are only allowed to work for one year. Both one and two year are perfect for a seasonal ski instructor job. If you are only looking at doing one ski season you are probably best off with the one year version. I did the two year - by the time I had paid for medicals, xrays and a police report I was over 300 quid down plus the 90 quid fee for the actual visa! The one year visa you would only need to pay the 90 quid fee. They are easy to get, mine came through within 5 days!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute

I worked at Whakapapa for the 2011 season. Good times.

If you are a qualified instructor the ski area's can assist with a work visa rather than a working holiday visa.

You should keep an eye on the various ski area's websites and apply for positions as soon as they are advertised, probably in the next couple months for the coming season. Interviews can be done over the phone or Skype if ur not in the country as they are used to applicants from abroad.

Have a look at this....

http://www.mtruapehu.com/winter/Abou...ng-at-Ruapehu/