British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Sir Jimmy Savile R.I.P (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/sir-jimmy-savile-r-i-p-737253/)

Margaret Parkinson Oct 29th 2011 7:24 pm

Sir Jimmy Savile R.I.P

Many of you will remember him I am sure and maybe some of you have got Jim'll Fix It badges. He was a one off and wish there were more like him. Having said that there are lot but sadly go unnoticed for the good work they do. I am glad he got recognised for his.:)

June

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 29th 2011 9:41 pm

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile R.I.P

Very sad news. He did a lot of great work that I think many people have forgotten about.

I'm afraid he never fixed it for me, probably just as well;)

positive pam Oct 29th 2011 9:50 pm

I agree, definately a one off.
R.I.P Sir Jimmy :(

martyc Oct 30th 2011 6:17 am

Yes, R.I.P.
My friend and I asked if we could sing with Brotherhood of Man, but said friend bottled out. I can't thank her enough now!

BEVS Oct 30th 2011 9:55 pm

Yup RIP Jimmy Saville. A one off that did good work.

daunted Nov 13th 2011 2:21 pm

I always hada 'thing' about jimmy when i was young. i once sent him a letter (whilst he still worked at radio 1) asking him to marry me. he sent me a big photo of himself hand written ' i love you too mandy x' wish i had kept it! one of a kind xxx

positive pam Nov 13th 2011 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 9730478)
I always hada 'thing' about jimmy when i was young. i once sent him a letter (whilst he still worked at radio 1) asking him to marry me. he sent me a big photo of himself hand written ' i love you too mandy x' wish i had kept it! one of a kind xxx

Hi, I think that is a brilliant story. :thumbsup: Dare I ask how old you were when you sent the letter? :)

Am Loolah Nov 13th 2011 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by positive pam (Post 9730691)
Hi, I think that is a brilliant story. :thumbsup: Dare I ask how old you were when you sent the letter? :)

32?:p

daunted Nov 13th 2011 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by positive pam (Post 9730691)

lol i think i was about 7 or 8. he had that funny black leather hat on he used to wear and was smoking a big fat cigar.

Stormer999 Nov 14th 2011 10:43 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-15717221

Strange......

Justcol Nov 14th 2011 7:14 pm

well...owz about that then..!!

very strange:confused:

positive pam Nov 14th 2011 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9731674)

I think it's perfectly normal- dont tell me you and juscol never did anything like this. ;)

Stormer999 Nov 15th 2011 7:25 am

Originally Posted by positive pam (Post 9732551)
I think it's perfectly normal- dont tell me you and juscol never did anything like this. ;)

Suppose juscol might have........;)

positive pam Nov 15th 2011 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9733444)
Suppose juscol might have........;)

Now that might be an interesting story so Juscol will you tell all? ;):sneaky:

Justcol Nov 16th 2011 12:11 am

I'm shocked :ohmy:

I've did a few, shall we say "interesting" things in my younger days but even I would draw the line at that !!
I mean come on!! who would want to walk around looking like a Mr T wannabe in Sir Jim's Ratners finest.