Reload this Page >

Sir Anand Satyanand

Sir Anand Satyanand

Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:55 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sir Anand Satyanand

I apologize in advance if I cause any offence.

I have been thinking a lot about multiculturalism and New Zealand certainly is a multicultural society. Even despite that would Sir Anand Satyanand ever stand a chance of being elected head of state if the post of the GG was something to be elected on? Would either of the main parties place him as a candidate? How many adult New Zealanders are there who can not pronounce the name of their GG? Or even remember who he is?

Or am I wrong with my cynicism?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sir Anand Satyanand

I dont get why this is even an issue?
Is it because of his name? heritage? his colour?
He was born a kiwi and has earned his position.
Would you rather the post go to a arsehole like Hone Harawira
who's only mission in life appears to be to take advantage of those
he claims to represent.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:24 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Traditionally OZ and NZ incoming PM's choose the GG from a list of vetted nominees. Often they have had a defence background or similar community standing.

To be an elected post would mean some kind of political campaign would need to be run to convince the public to vote for them. More taxpayer expense better spent on those most vulnerable in the community.

Hone Harawira is nothing more than a boil on the bum of NZ politics. He'd never get anywhere in the running.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh...how many people can pronounce John Key (not John Keys as many people say)?
So Kiwis of Indian decent can't hold public positions now...WTH?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Why are you biting the burley
Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Sheesh...how many people can pronounce John Key (not John Keys as many people say)
I've heard him called something different than both of those by most people
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by THR
I apologize in advance if I cause any offence.

I have been thinking a lot about multiculturalism and New Zealand certainly is a multicultural society. Even despite that would Sir Anand Satyanand ever stand a chance of being elected head of state if the post of the GG was something to be elected on? Would either of the main parties place him as a candidate? How many adult New Zealanders are there who can not pronounce the name of their GG? Or even remember who he is?

Or am I wrong with my cynicism?
I always enjoy your threads THR always thought provoking I feel.

If the GG was marketed in the right way I think he could be elected, the NZers have been known to elect one or two so called 'unusual' types in their time, its all down to how the individual candidate is 'sold' to the public. There has been a transvestite member of parliament; we had a Prime-minster for years who dressed as a woman too.....
As for Hone whatever, I can't pronounce it....

Or maybe its a good thing that not everything is by 'election'.
who knows????