British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Sim only (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/sim-only-758267/)

sparkytoad May 14th 2012 7:48 pm

Sim only

Looking for a sim only card for our phones, don't really want to go on contract unless forced, what can you all recommend. Oh, it's the mini sims for I phones am after too, if that makes a difference:unsure::hehe:

Stormer999 May 14th 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Sim only

2 degrees.

Catchafire May 14th 2012 8:58 pm

You can go into a major electrical retailer like Harvey Norman or Noel Leeming and buy a pay as you go sim off the shelf and yes they work in Iphones.

Make sure your phone is "unlocked'

sparkytoad May 15th 2012 8:09 pm

Yup, phones are unlocked, direct from apple.
Looking at that 2 degrees set up stormer, are they some kind of singing combo though??
On another note stormer, you got a new bike yet? I just crated mine for shipping, now feeling very lonely,,,

Stormer999 May 15th 2012 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by peliqueria (Post 10062529)
Yup, phones are unlocked, direct from apple.
Looking at that 2 degrees set up stormer, are they some kind of singing combo though??
On another note stormer, you got a new bike yet? I just crated mine for shipping, now feeling very lonely,,,

Wife's VFR back in the UK now sold but my Blackbird is still for sale (dealers say the weather has been so bad bikes are just not selling) motor bike gear arrives next week so I have been thinking about what to get next. Thinking about Triumph Street Triples don't really want a full sports and sports touring not too much use here. Looking at what the summer temperatures may be like I think the naked might be the next move.
What's a singing combo ?
Haven't ridden for 3 months now :(

sparkytoad May 15th 2012 8:51 pm

HeeHee,
A singing combo was the three degrees, popular beat combo type music. Sorry, but my attempt at a pun,.
Loving the triumph street trips, am past sports bikes now, 42 hurts the bloody wrists, like me S2R, thats why am sending it over.
Yeah, not seen many bikes about due to the rain sleet and bloody cold, but best get used to it I reckon??

sparkytoad May 15th 2012 8:54 pm

Oh, naked bikes look cool, but hit 70+ & your neck sure knows about it!!!

But I love mine, so what the hell!!!

Stormer999 May 15th 2012 9:04 pm

Ah the monster....will go down really well over here..:thumbsup: The roads around Chch are either flat and straight or very twisty around any hills. The bends have a really nasty habit of tightening up at the last mo so have to be treated with respect. The most amazing thing for biking is that the roads dry up extremely quickly after rain so the masses of rotting leaves are not a problem when out on a rural blast. Traffic obviously is somewhat less in volume!
Biking around Chch is a pastime whilst I noticed in Welly it was a mode of work transport.

sparkie down under May 16th 2012 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 10062639)
The bends have a really nasty habit of tightening up at the last mo so have to be treated with respect.

Hey Stormer, you should try rear wheel steering in bends like that:ohmy: Bound to get the sphincter going, but get it right, (and with a bunch of mates watching) and you WILL BE A GOD.:thumbsup: Get it wrong and you won't be doing much digger driving for a bit:thumbdown:

sparkytoad May 16th 2012 6:13 pm

You could end up with skid marks on the road as well as yer hornee's...

Stormer999 May 16th 2012 7:36 pm

No, have practiced what we termed getting your corner done earlier with a friend who also had a Bird but with road tyres the lost traction on the rear wheel to bring the back round takes so long to re establish that the whole exercise makes the corner slower. Much better, when forward vision allows, to apex earlier to get the bike sitting up sooner to put down more power.;)

sparkie down under May 16th 2012 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 10064972)
No, have practiced what we termed getting your corner done earlier with a friend who also had a Bird but with road tyres the lost traction on the rear wheel to bring the back round takes so long to re establish that the whole exercise makes the corner slower. Much better, when forward vision allows, to apex earlier to get the bike sitting up sooner to put down more power.;)

Stormer, power is on much sooner, if it comes off at all. hardly any braking and you are in the peak power band before you come out:thumbsup:

I'd agree that it doesn't make that much difference in the long term, but for sheer effect and (when you can do it right) total awe inspiring cornering there's nothing to match it - plus anyone up your pipe shits out as your rear wheel drifts (?) and you exit several meters in front of them.

Mind you get it wrong and they watch you crash out - ouch - been there, have that badge:thumbdown: