Reload this Page >

Silly stopover question?

Silly stopover question?

Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Pushkinias is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Silly stopover question?

Sorry for a silly question...
When you fly out one way from UK to NZ and break the journey with a night or two stopover, can you send most of your luggage ahead or would you have to unload it and then book it back in when you fly on?

Thanks from Amanda!
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silly stopover question?

No, you can't do that particularly with the security problems these days. But as far as I know, you have never been allowed to do it unless you want to pay and send it as unaccompanied baggage, but that's a different set of rules altogether.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Pushkinias is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought not. Thanks for the quick response!
Old Aug 18th 2012, 9:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we had a 19hr stop over from NZ to UK and our luggage went on without us. can't see why it won't work the other way. they allow you to drop your luggage off a day before flying if you're going to/from the States. maybe contact your airline and ask them
Old Aug 19th 2012, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
we had a 19hr stop over from NZ to UK and our luggage went on without us. can't see why it won't work the other way. they allow you to drop your luggage off a day before flying if you're going to/from the States. maybe contact your airline and ask them
I' m really surprised that you can even drop your luggage off a day before yu fly as the arline is obviously taking a big security risk, and I've even been on flights where after a short stopover, pasengers didnt reboard so we had to wait whole their baggage was unloaded as the rules insist that the passenger must travel on the same flight as his baggage. Still, it's nice to know that about dropping offa. day early as that culd make life a lot easier. I agree with you that as it seems not all airlines follow the same rules, it's best just to call teh airline you are travelling with.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Wow, another big reason for me never to fly that LA route. Makes my skin go cold to think of unacompanied luggage. Apart from the fact LA airport is a complete hole of an airport. Asia route anyday
Kaz
Old Aug 20th 2012, 9:05 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

the stop over to here was in Seoul, the US trip was last year to Orlando. dropped our bags off at Gatwick evening before we flew then dropped off at Downtown Disney the day before we flew back.