Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Silly question(s) of the day

Silly question(s) of the day

Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:23 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default Silly question(s) of the day

Physically what is a visa? Is it something that goes in your Passport or is it seperate?

Anyone know:
Cheapest car hire in BOP for around 3 weeks (car type not important, but need to pick up from Auckland Int Airport)
Cheapest (but livable) place for one person to stay for 3 weeks round Tuaranga, until a rental can be found.

Yes my work Visa is on its way and more silly questions will surely follow

flight booked for 29th Jan

M

Last edited by newzealandplease; Jan 14th 2008 at 9:31 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:25 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Silly question(s) of the day

Your visa will be pasted into your passport and will describe the purpose of your arrival and any limitations thereof.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:34 pm

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

Brill. Having never seen a visa wasn't sure :embaressed_smile:
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:57 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newzealandplease
Brill. Having never seen a visa wasn't sure :embaressed_smile:

Like this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=blue+stickers
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:59 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newzealandplease
Physically what is a visa? Is it something that goes in your Passport or is it seperate?

Anyone know:
Cheapest car hire in BOP for around 3 weeks (car type not important, but need to pick up from Auckland Int Airport)
Cheapest (but livable) place for one person to stay for 3 weeks round Tuaranga, until a rental can be found.

Yes my work Visa is on its way and more silly questions will surely follow

flight booked for 29th Jan

M
My advise would be for you to find a backpackers to stay in, just do a Google and you'll find loads of lists

For car hire check this out
http://www.rentadent.co.nz/Portal.asp

Last edited by P2L; Jan 14th 2008 at 10:04 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:04 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

I can reccomend Rent a dent too, you can pick car up from Akl Airport and drop it to their office in Tauranga or other places in BOP when finished with it.

The place we stayed at while finding rental was great, but probably too expensive for just 1 person, units sleep 4, 5 or 6, but if you want more details anyway let me know.
Good luck with everything.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:07 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Marika 38
I can reccomend Rent a dent too, you can pick car up from Akl Airport and drop it to their office in Tauranga or other places in BOP when finished with it.

The place we stayed at while finding rental was great, but probably too expensive for just 1 person, units sleep 4, 5 or 6, but if you want more details anyway let me know.
Good luck with everything.
'ARF Rentals' are very good. I had and older nissan sunny from them for a month when I arrived. it was fine, nice company to deal with, and they pick up / drop off at AKL airport. [url]http://www.hirecar.co.nz/

Adie
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:59 pm

Glad I asked what the visa looked like. Believe it or not my Passport arrived today sans visa 'stamp'. I didn't believe the missus, so rushed home at lunch and low and behold, passport, acceptance letter but no visa

After a confused phonecall to NZIS they have screwed up and not printed the visa also my letter said 'Indefinate' rather than a date the visa was valid to - from.

Needless to say its couriered back to NZIS