signing off....

Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:20 am
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all
Default signing off....

Ok guys

Just thought I'd let you know, It appears that we may not be moving to NZ. Despite the fact that we have been accepted and just need to pay for our visas, our UK house has not sold (not even a low offer).

Being realistic we reckon it will now not sell until the spring which would mean moving around June time. This means our offers of visas along with everything else would have expired (medicals, police certificates etc). we cannot face going through all that again at the moment as our lives have been on hold for 10 months now and our 2yr old needs a friend (if you get my drift)!

Anyway, thanks for all your advice over the last few months and rest assured, despite some of you being a bunch of whinging pessimists , nothing said on here about the negative side of NZ has put us off, were just need to get out of limbo for a while and move on

good luck to you all

Adam
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Bummer for you and your family.

Good luck for the future.

Farewell Karma sent.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:47 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: signing off....

Well what a bummer! I'm so sorry but fully understand your family's need to move on. Wow... after getting all the way in the process too. Now go make a friend for your son. Karma sent.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:21 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GowHow
Ok guys

Just thought I'd let you know, It appears that we may not be moving to NZ. Despite the fact that we have been accepted and just need to pay for our visas, our UK house has not sold (not even a low offer).

Being realistic we reckon it will now not sell until the spring which would mean moving around June time. This means our offers of visas along with everything else would have expired (medicals, police certificates etc). we cannot face going through all that again at the moment as our lives have been on hold for 10 months now and our 2yr old needs a friend (if you get my drift)!

Anyway, thanks for all your advice over the last few months and rest assured, despite some of you being a bunch of whinging pessimists , nothing said on here about the negative side of NZ has put us off, were just need to get out of limbo for a while and move on

good luck to you all

Adam
Really sorry to hear your news, could you not go there and sell your house from over there, friends of mine did this and it all went very smoothly for them.

my thoughts are with you all, take care Mandie
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Ok guys

good luck to you all

Adam
Hi Adam

sorry to hear about your dilemma, we had similar sort of issues in the respect that our house took time to sell and we werent planning to come out until it had sold, but then a major turn of events right at the start of the year made us rethink our plans, my OH lost his job the first week into the new year so we made plans to come out sooner rather than later and had to refinance the move slightly and we had to leave the house in the hands of the solicitor to sell, and everything all went thru in October this year, we had to be careful financially as we had left a certain amount of money in the uk to pay the mortgage. we left 4 months worth there and had to send money over for 2 more months. We didnt have to pay council tax for 6 months and no water and also no gas or electric ( a couple of issues with estimated bills there but was sorted eventually) but we managed it, and neither me or my husband have huge salaries, it was just a matter of being careful financially until things sell

I hope you can work this issue out, as it would be a shame not to come after you have got so far

Dawn
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:51 pm
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kwprwn
Hi Adam

sorry to hear about your dilemma, we had similar sort of issues in the respect that our house took time to sell and we werent planning to come out until it had sold, but then a major turn of events right at the start of the year made us rethink our plans, my OH lost his job the first week into the new year so we made plans to come out sooner rather than later and had to refinance the move slightly and we had to leave the house in the hands of the solicitor to sell, and everything all went thru in October this year, we had to be careful financially as we had left a certain amount of money in the uk to pay the mortgage. we left 4 months worth there and had to send money over for 2 more months. We didnt have to pay council tax for 6 months and no water and also no gas or electric ( a couple of issues with estimated bills there but was sorted eventually) but we managed it, and neither me or my husband have huge salaries, it was just a matter of being careful financially until things sell

I hope you can work this issue out, as it would be a shame not to come after you have got so far

Dawn

Without wanting to go into too many personal details, we have a substantial mortgage (£800 per month) which is easily manageable on our UK incomes, salaries in NZ are a lot smaller and we could not afford to pay rent/mortgage in NZ and cover the UK mortgage for very long. We are not prepared to both work fulltime in NZ as the main reason for moving was for a lifestyle change and to try and be mortgage free - not end up with 2!

We are just going to try and change our UK lifestyles - My wife finished her job today and will hopefully be doing some locum work nearer home in Jan until a suitable alternative with less commuting comes available

There are lots of things we don't do in the UK now because of being stuck in a rutt so we are going to make an effort to get out more and maybe see a bit more of europe in the bargain

Thanks for your message
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! I'm so sorry things have gone pear-shaped for you! right before christmas too ... grrrrr

I hope you do get an offer soon so you can still go, thats if you're keeping house on the market

Take care and all the best for the future, and maybe it's waiting for you in the New Year!

Merry Christmas

Michelle & Carl
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Without wanting to go into too many personal details, we have a substantial mortgage (£800 per month) which is easily manageable on our UK incomes, salaries in NZ are a lot smaller and we could not afford to pay rent/mortgage in NZ and cover the UK mortgage for very long. We are not prepared to both work fulltime in NZ as the main reason for moving was for a lifestyle change and to try and be mortgage free - not end up with 2!

We are just going to try and change our UK lifestyles - My wife finished her job today and will hopefully be doing some locum work nearer home in Jan until a suitable alternative with less commuting comes available

There are lots of things we don't do in the UK now because of being stuck in a rutt so we are going to make an effort to get out more and maybe see a bit more of europe in the bargain

Thanks for your message
I understand your points as everyones circumstances are different and as you are making the lifestyle changes then it makes sense that you dont want to work full time

Good luck with whatever you decide

have a good christmas

Dawn
Old Dec 20th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

It seems such a shame after you have invested so much time in getting this far.

Good luck with your new venture.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 8:58 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys

good luck to you all

Adam
So sorry to hear your decision.
Can you not hang on for another month? The market tends to pick up straight after Xmas.

We sold our last two (hopefully 3) houses in January and like you can't really afford to go without the house selling.

How long have you got left on your medicals etc? It seems such a shame when you've come so far
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are deciding to do this after getting visas.
Can't you validate your visas to give yourselves more time?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
Sorry to hear you are deciding to do this after getting visas.
Can't you validate your visas to give yourselves more time?
That bolloxes the duty-free exemption for bringing in personal effects.

K.