Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sick of the RWC 2015 already

Sick of the RWC 2015 already

Old Sep 28th 2015, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick of the RWC 2015 already

I've always found Morris Dancing extraordinarily embarrassing. The aka is at least a step up from that. But... skinny white kids doing it is a bit sad. Having said that, when you see some of the full-on performances, that's OTT as well - they're both just historical-re-enactments after all.
Old Sep 30th 2015, 9:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You don't like the Morris ?

Bearskin !
Old Sep 30th 2015, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Morris Goths!! Now that's more like it.

That, I like VERY much indeed.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:19 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Go the AB's! You'd think they have won already...........
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Go the AB's! You'd think they have won already...........
I hope not.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 8:04 am
`

Us also. We cannot stand the whole AB thing & we do love our rugby. Here it ruins both the ethos and pathos of the spirit of the sport and game.

Go anything but that pile of Megatrons. Ugh
Old Oct 18th 2015, 8:05 am
`

Originally Posted by bearskin
Morris Goths!! Now that's more like it.

That, I like VERY much indeed.
They are authentic and good at it.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 1:40 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Us also. We cannot stand the whole AB thing & we do love our rugby. Here it ruins both the ethos and pathos of the spirit of the sport and game....
Gotta say that for a country that's supposedly understated and not showy the sport journos who report on union over here are some of the most arrogant, self-possessed tossers the world has seen. Their coverage and opinion pieces on this WC has left me so alienated that I can't bring myself to support the ABs, even against the French....so...
....go the Wobblies, at least your commentators and journos are just biased, which is rather more honest than the attitude broadcast by "ours".
Old Oct 18th 2015, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, but that is the media, and the boys are just the same boys I support at NPC and Super rugby so I'll continue cheering them on. Fantastic play on Sunday, certainly showed the Northern Hemisphere a trick or two. Mind you watching Canterbury against the Naki on Saturday I though they could show torrid England how to play rugby!!
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Gotta say that for a country that's supposedly understated and not showy the sport journos who report on union over here are some of the most arrogant, self-possessed tossers the world has seen. Their coverage and opinion pieces on this WC has left me so alienated that I can't bring myself to support the ABs, even against the French....so...
....go the Wobblies, at least your commentators and journos are just biased, which is rather more honest than the attitude broadcast by "ours".
Glad I don't have to put up with that.

The wobblies did wobble this morning. Hope they improve a lot by next week.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 8:05 pm
`

Originally Posted by lardyl
I hear you. Not just the media hype . The whole darned thing nationwide. Ugh!

TBH it's one of the things I find so distasteful here . Prior to coming to NZ I had no thoughts one way or the other about the ABs . They were simply a quality team to beat. Being too close has quite ruined the whole concept of sporting spirit and team tournaments.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I hear you. Not just the media hype . The whole darned thing nationwide. Ugh!

TBH it's one of the things I find so distasteful here . Prior to coming to NZ I had no thoughts one way or the other about the ABs . They were simply a quality team to beat. Being too close has quite ruined the whole concept of sporting spirit and team tournaments.
Absolutely agree with this and Lardyl's sentiments.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with how the ABs are perceived... Maybe it's being Scottish though. I was used to being Scottish if we lost and suddenly "British" if we won anything! Nothing against being British but that's what I would class as alienating.
For once I don't have to suffer football anymore and rugby is at least a decent sport. ABs are pretty grounded unlike a lot of other sports!

Therefore... Go the RWC 😀😀

Last edited by nikkijane88; Oct 19th 2015 at 5:55 am. Reason: Hadn't finished
Old Oct 19th 2015, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I love the All Blacks might help that I had no prior exposure to Rugby before I moved here. Quite funny though, as a dyed in the wool Crusaders and All Blacks fan who hasn't been quiet about this at work or play (in Canterbury) I still have people who have apologised sincerely for how upset I must be that England lost and are out.

Maybe it was growing up with the flash football culture in the UK. I just don't think that the All Blacks are anything like the England Football team in levels of sheer obnoxiousness.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time in donkeys years, I actually feel for the Scots. Very harshly done by a poor refereeing decision and the last kick of the game practically. I do wonder if their fans will show some class, and move on in 8 years time. Or will they act like the deluded All Black fans that still blame Wayne Barnes for a phantom forward pass (despite having plenty of time to score again!!) that allegedly cost them the game in 2007. The same ones that always blame everyone else whenever the ABs lose - for example, the hotel staff in 1995, some british chef when they got their backsides kicked by England in 2012 or the ones that blamed the referee for giving Australia everything in the recent rugby lesson they received in Sydney. I know where my money is going - class being shown and they'll move on in 2016. Oh well, never mind Scotland...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.