Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Should we purchase a new 3 piece suit...

Should we purchase a new 3 piece suit...

Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we purchase a new 3 piece suit...

Furniture in NZ seems to be quite expensive compared to the UK. I'm guessing it's partly to do with the higher population and competition in the UK.
Here's a link to two mainstream retailers to assist you with comparisons

http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/furnit...e-suites-sofas
http://www.bigsave.co.nz/
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we purchase a new 3 piece suit...

Buy UK!!!!
Buy lots in UK!!!
Ship it over- sell surplus to EX-pats!
and boost UK sales figures.

Get your friends involved---
Eventually the UK economy will go into overdrive- the pound will soar and the exchange rate will get back to normal

GBP 1 = NZD 2.25
That's not too much to ask is it??

then:-

I CAN BRING MY THOUSANDS OVER TO NZ TO GET A DECENT INTEREST RATE ie] 5.10 instead of what Halifax are giving me 0.02!!!! Bloody unbelievable!

Just paid out $2,750 for a double mattress in a SALE!
Paid $4,999 for a solid wood 6 seater dining table and chairs.
look at the exchange rate at the moment- do the sums- buy UK!!
So---- you make sure you buy furniture in UK! Lounge/dining/beds.

Electrics tend to be different.
I'll leave it for others to advise.
I have a UK video and DVD and small 14inch TV all set up to a NZ Free view box in the Den and it works fine!

By the way- I'm still loving it MORE each day!
Is that sad or what?