Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Should we bring the pets??

Should we bring the pets??

Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Should we bring the pets??

cheers helinuk...might follow it up if I get my darn house sold....
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
Hi Julesnye
Thank you for the No. I googled it but couldn't find it.

I've just phoned them. They are based in South Shropshire and say that the dog has to be with them 3 days before the flight, he reckoned that we are 180 miles from them. So thats quite a trip. He is sending me info in the post.
So same would apply to you in South coast.
We used these, they were superb, based in Colchester

http://www.parair.co.uk/
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
We used these, they were superb, based in Colchester

http://www.parair.co.uk/
Thank you
It's a joke trying to measure my dog! When he sees the tape measure he lays on his back the floor - he thinks its a game
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by helinuk
Thank you
It's a joke trying to measure my dog! When he sees the tape measure he lays on his back the floor - he thinks its a game
Picture please !
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

We brought out 2 cocker spaniels over Golden Arrow were fantastic!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

And this is how much our deaf (from birth) spaniel loves the life here!!! Her favourite spot... on the hot tub, heat from above and below!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Should we bring the pets??-easter-weekend-038.jpg   Should we bring the pets??-easter-weekend-022.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:42 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Aww

We used GA for or two cats and they were great - looked after them for three weeks then shipped them to us.

The cats weren't bothered at all by the flight - half an hour after landing they were playing and chasing eachother and wanting fussing

They LOVE it here - then agin in the UK they'd never seen grass, trees, mice, cicadas, wetas, many birds!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=KIRSTIE;4808646]hi

iits not cheap but i think it is worth it, i thought about getting my cats a good home but could not face doing it, so it is going to cost about £1500.

QUOTE]
SPCA in NZ, two new cats $45 each.

Gill
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

my father in law is trying to get me to leave our cats at home, he said that they would be better off, and that i just get 2 new ones when i get there, but they are part of the family, we dont have children, and it would not be the same if they did not come with us, when i got a quote from pets oceanic i had to measure them, and like you helen they thought it was a game, so i did it a few times and if it varied abit i just averaged it, i am sure a couple of cm wont make a big difference, to us it is worth paying the money to take them.

with regards

kirstie
Old Jun 16th 2007, 12:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi

my father in law is trying to get me to leave our cats at home, he said that they would be better off, and that i just get 2 new ones when i get there, but they are part of the family, we dont have children, and it would not be the same if they did not come with us, when i got a quote from pets oceanic i had to measure them, and like you helen they thought it was a game, so i did it a few times and if it varied abit i just averaged it, i am sure a couple of cm wont make a big difference, to us it is worth paying the money to take them.

with regards

kirstie
No way would I have left my cats back in the UK, even with my old Dad who knew them well & they knew and trusted him. One of my cats pines if I'm away for a couple of weeks. He's on my lap right now , purring away at me with his nose on my cheek. We are their people. Nope - we took them on and will be responsible for them for life.
Someone here once said to me and Phil when we were on our reccy 'you can always get more cats'. I've never forgotten that . I just don't see animals as disposable items.

Our cats have such a great life here. Their NZ life just isn't comparable to their UK life. No more busy roads and other hazards to dodge - they just have to watch out for our drakes who will run after 'em down the garden, Nosey things they are.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:56 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Bring the lot if you can but I did hear that flat muzzled dogs like Boxers are being refused for long haul. Check with the companies though.