Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Should NZ copy Britain in immigration rules ?

Should NZ copy Britain in immigration rules ?

Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should NZ copy Britain in immigration rules ?

I think sometimes the UK should be more strict on immigration like NZ.
******Warning generalising statement ahead*********

And there is one of the biggest reasons we left ( I know it grinds some peoples gears, immigrants moaning about other immigrants).
Old Nov 20th 2013, 4:10 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Technically its emigrants talking about emigrants.

I wonder what will happen if an asylum seeking boat ever turns up.........
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We do take asylum seekers . Though not via a boat.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

We do take asylum seekers . Though not via a boat.
At the current rate there will be so many asylum seekers they'll fill up a city the size of Christchurch in 466.67 years.

What happens if a boat load of red squirrels turned up, claiming they were being harassed by the greys. Would DOC let them in?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
What happens if a boat load of red squirrels turned up, claiming they were being harassed by the greys. Would DOC let them in?
Please! Let's not get into the colour question.
Pete
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Didn't really think about the colour aspect Pete, more that I miss seeing squirrels.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:01 am
`

At the current rate there will be so many asylum seekers they'll fill up a city the size of Christchurch in 466.67 years.

I don't know.The difference might be in the swimming rather than the boat.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 4:21 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

The British approach is a paradox, they moan about foreigner taking scarce jobs but live in a country with an aging population (and the numerous associated economic problems that is causing).
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

can I just say the Brits have every right to place themselves in an EU member state without question there is no mention here or moan about that!
how many Bruits in the last 40 years have gone to France, Spain and lately the Baltic states and bought cheap property! all visa free!

2nd point how many of those expats also go and reside in these countries make little or no effort to mingle do not learn language etc and the UK people maon when this happens in the UK
rant over!

I have an Australian friend who has lived in this country for 38 years he has been told he is only a resident and not a permanent resident and their could be issues if the govt decided to change the rules re resident. He has been advised it might be worth filling in a few forms, paying the fee and applying and then wait a few years to get citizenship
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

The special deal which I as a UK citizen got from the NZ government was ......, we all walk in for nothing, John Key personally meets us at the Koru lounge, hands us the deeds to a house and section gratis and allows us to take our pick of the local girls and best jobs- where I don't need to pay any tax.

Hope this remains

But seriously everyone who has gone through migration to NZ has done so with a lot of cost and hard work and by no way should we suggest an easy street.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

NZ copy British immigration policies

*puts Daily Mail hat on for first quote*

If you'd be happy allowing any tom, dick or harry into your country throwing them free benefits, give them free healthcare, send them into a house whatever size family they are, and then allow them to bring every single member of their family to the country - promote terrorism and steal from anyone, providing that they vote for war craving cretins, then go ahead and copy with the policies

*takes Mail reading hat off and puts Guardian hat reading on*

If it means bringing more culture and gets them doing the jobs and stuff that the lazy arse Kiwis can't be bothered to do - then go for it

*takes off all hats*

What's the details about why your nephew was rejected? If he is in London, contact Bojo as i'm sure he'd love to help. I suppose being part of the European Union is difficult for Brits since EU freedoms give European countries entitlement over non EU countries. Does he fancy spending a couple of years in Italy, France or Germany - in order to get EU residency/citizenship and then move to Blighty?

NZ immigration is tough! We've been here for 2 years and our application to stay permanently is delayed because someone that was born here needs a medical - WTF!! Another $250 down the swamp on top of the expensive forms filled, application fees etc. I wish UK immigration was as tough as New Zealand
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

as far as nz rules go i'd much rather see all the sponging islanders being told to sod off
rather than chucking out someone, anyone who has got a job
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
as far as nz rules go i'd much rather see all the sponging islanders being told to sod off
rather than chucking out someone, anyone who has got a job

ouch !

New Zealand has always been, geographically, a group of Pacific islands. As New Zealand’s identity has shifted away from being a distant outpost of the British Empire, it has increasingly emphasised linkages, both cultural and political, with other island nations in the Pacific. New sources of cultural inspiration – including those brought by Pacific migrants – have become important. The right to automatic NZ citizenship applies to many of the Island citizens.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

And now we've reached the point before I do a Malcolm Tucker and instead say I've enjoyed the debate and have nothing to add.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 8:16 pm
`

Obviously I am not keen on anyone who 'sponges' or 'leeches' from a country. It doesn't matter who and it doesn't matter where.

As you all know I live in the Nelson, Tasman and Bays area.

I can say, having lived here for 10 years , that if it wasn't for the Pacific Islanders coming over , the pip fruit growers, hop and wine industries etc would struggle big-time. Those folk take up hard work and living conditions that no-one else here seems to want.

Those folk also enrich our area. I don't say that to be PC. Through living here, I have come to see this .

I do agree about leeches and spongers , though how a society handles that for the best when balancing welfare for the truely needy seems to remain an elusive mystery.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 22nd 2013 at 11:03 pm. Reason: live not love . lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.