Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Should i forward plan, such as tax number, ird etc?

Should i forward plan, such as tax number, ird etc?

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Should i forward plan, such as tax number, ird etc?

Ok guys, in due to got to NZ in feb-march time for a couple of weeks to secure a job. Im gonna then apply for visas etc. When im on my two week trip should i set up a bank account, IRD number, tax etc? or should i do it when i arrive for good after my two week trip?. If yes, then could you give me some hiints as to what i should set up please. At present it looks like Ch-Church is where my trip will be and where we plan to stay for good.

Regards, Gary.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should i forward plan, such as tax number, ird etc?

Originally Posted by Wessa
Ok guys, in due to got to NZ in feb-march time for a couple of weeks to secure a job. Im gonna then apply for visas etc. When im on my two week trip should i set up a bank account, IRD number, tax etc? or should i do it when i arrive for good after my two week trip?. If yes, then could you give me some hiints as to what i should set up please. At present it looks like Ch-Church is where my trip will be and where we plan to stay for good.

Regards, Gary.
You can setup you're bank account from the UK - I used Kiwibank and had no problems. You can wait for your IRD as it only takes two weeks to come through, everything else you can probably wait till you have a more definate permanent arrival date.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
You can setup you're bank account from the UK - I used Kiwibank and had no problems. You can wait for your IRD as it only takes two weeks to come through, everything else you can probably wait till you have a more definate permanent arrival date.
wot he said ^^^^

i've found that worrying less and just sorting things out as they come up seems to work for me!! Good luck !
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wessa

Regards, Gary.
id say wait until you get your visas sorted.
bank accounts etc are easy to set up, as is getting your ird number.

once you have your visas sorted you can do the settling in type things like a bank account etc...
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Just thought it would be easier to do before second trip. Sounds no problem tho Thanks guys.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:44 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not stay if you find a job? I found employers reluctant to offer jobs if I couldn't stay. Just musing...
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maz
Can you not stay if you find a job? I found employers reluctant to offer jobs if I couldn't stay. Just musing...
Listen to her ^^

I wouldn't have secured a job if I couldln't have stayed in the country. Employers want you to have shown some commitment to moving before job offers are made.

I suppose it prob depends on the skills you have.

]
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Musing is fine. I could stay but we will have the process to start from scratch, visa's, house sell etc, so im going home after two weeks with a job secured, im pretty confident tbh, then get cracking. We want to be certain we will get the wtr etc visa's sorted. we dont want to sell the house and move out there on the chance i might get a job etc even tho im sure i will get something. Im not on the skills list, just! so im going to find a recognised company etc.. Ive had a few offers from fairly big companies wanting me to go see them when i get there. They are really good with migrants, they have told me they will allow 3-6 mths if need be, pay for me to relocate to NZ and help with visa's. At the mo im just just trying to bag as many as i can before i go. Next question...
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Have you forward planned with police checks and any qualification assessments? That will speed things up.

Alison