Reload this Page >

Shopping list .....

Shopping list .....

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

newbie 667 is on a distinguished road
Default Shopping list .....

Hi

Just been reading the furniture post and it seems that people are recommending taking it all with them. Our furniture is so cheap and falling apart that we are not going to bother, although now thinking perhaps an Ikea stock would be worth it.

Anyway knowing what you know now, which items would you stock up on before the move? I know someone has mentioned shoes?

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping list .....

I cant think of anything that you would need here that you cant get here probably cheaper. We brought half a container and have just bought the rest here.

we were told to stock up on kids clothes which i did, now I wish i hadnt as i could of bought the whole of pumpkin patch out for my daughter.

With shoes i have an addiction and i made sure i had a half dozen pairs in my case along with flip flops,i have lived in the flip flops and wedges no need for heels so far and you can get lovely shoes here.

We are waiting on our beds coming but to be honest i wish now we hadnt sent them over as we could of bought a lovely bed with furniture when we arrived , but we all live and learn

All i wish i had stocked up on was some more toilet duck brushes lol as i love them , but not really that important

anyway best of luck
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
All i wish i had stocked up on was some more toilet duck brushes lol as i love them ,
Don't flush your toilet duck brushes down the loo, despite what they say about them being disposable your loo -and ultimately your plumber -will not like them!!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:23 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by newbie 667
Hi

Just been reading the furniture post and it seems that people are recommending taking it all with them. Our furniture is so cheap and falling apart that we are not going to bother, although now thinking perhaps an Ikea stock would be worth it.

Anyway knowing what you know now, which items would you stock up on before the move? I know someone has mentioned shoes?

Thanks
It all depends on your budget.
we(and most of our friends) bought everything with us and will replace it over time.i wish i had done a stock up in Ikea of sideboareds, bookcases etc, especially for the kids.we are on a tight budget and have found furniture quite pricey and the quality, unless you can afford expensive, isnt all that!! thats obviously only our opinion and others differ.we also found it helped the kids and us settle better having 'our' things around us as opposed to having a new country,new house and also new possesions.Its totally your choice and we all can only advise you on our experiences.But, like i say it all depends on your budget when you come out.

Hope this helps