shooting in N.Z.

Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:39 pm
Banned

gedsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up shooting in N.Z.

Hope to make the big step next year. Has any one taken shotguns and rifles to N.Z. or is it better to sell them in the U.K.and buy new when in N.Z.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:00 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shooting in N.Z.

I have no experience with this, but would think that it is likely to be more economic to bring them with you rather than buying afresh (if as it sounds you have multiple guns worth a bit).

You will also need to check what owner and firearm licences you will need, and whether these are transferable or (as I suspect) need to be independently attained in NZ. Your police check in the Uk might be needed for this purpose.

www.police.govt.nz/service/firearms
www.fishandgame.org.nz
www.fishnhunt.co.nz
www.nzhuntinginfo.com
www.huntingandfishing.co.nz
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:02 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts in NZ are you thinking of moving to?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice

Originally Posted by gedsy
Hope to make the big step next year. Has any one taken shotguns and rifles to N.Z. or is it better to sell them in the U.K.and buy new when in N.Z.
I never did take mine but at least one removal company refused to ship mine over there so I bought new when I was over there.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

One of the members' hubby brought over his guns/rifles last year. If I see her online I'll point her in this direction, otherwise she may see it for herself
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:16 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gedsy

Kevin here. I brought over a couple of shotguns. A Browning O/U and a Beretta semi auto. It depends what they are as to weather they are worth bringing over. What are you looking at bringing?

It's fairly easy to bring them. The police were a great help. They rushed through my firearms application so as to get an import licence in time for the shotties turning up. The import licence was a doddle. 1 form to fill in detailing the guns, signed by the police and a copy given to Crown for them to clear customs. I was amazed it was so easy. The "She'll be alright mate", attitude can be brilliant some times.
If you need any more info, please feel free to contact me.

If you want to look at some prices a have a look at these links.

www.huntingandfishing.co.nz
www.guncity.co.nz
www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz
www.hamillsnz.co.nz

Cheers
Kevin
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:09 pm
Banned

gedsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southerner
Whereabouts in NZ are you thinking of moving to?
Hi Southerner,
I'm going to Christchurch. My mate and his wife are there at the moment so i'm confident that i'll get there. Gedsy.

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
One of the members' hubby brought over his guns/rifles last year. If I see her online I'll point her in this direction, otherwise she may see it for herself
Thanks Michelle and Carl.Really appreciate your reply. Gedsy

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your reply. At last a Government with a sensible attitude to firearms! Did you have to give your British license up? i'll be finding this all out but it's nice to know. Thanks again mate.

Hi Kevin
My computer went funny so i'm replying to you again so if you get more than one you know why. I hope to take my Beretta o/u. My Hatsan semi-auto. my .243 tikka rifle and my ruger 10/22. Are the security arrangements the same in n.z. ie can i use my cabinets or do you need different types. thanks for your reply. Cheers mate Gedsy

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 25th 2008 at 9:05 pm. Reason: merge posts.