Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shocking news in UK

Shocking news in UK

Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shocking news in UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/8233822.stm

Found this story on the BBC news site, Im sorry but why suppress the names of these scum:curse:
Name them so they can never live a normal life again, this is one of the many reasons I came here.

Does not make pleasant reading
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:04 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shocking news in UK

Totally unbelievable.

I can't think of anything else to say
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:14 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

That is sickening! :curse:
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:30 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Brings back memories of little Jamie Bulger

I just hope the sentence matches the seriousness of the crime.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Makes me sick to the stomach as a parent of 2 boys 6 and 9. One of the many reasons that we chose to leave the UK. However.

These 2 boys should be looked at thoroughly and sent to lots of therapy........what have they been through to make them capable, at such a young age, of thinking of doing these things? Maybe nothing and they are just naturally "bad" individuals. But maybe there is something else underlying that needs attended to so that they can be helped. These boys will be out in the future from wherever they are sent to and will emerge as men. Do we want them being the same as adults?

Phyl x
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Well whatever the sentence when they get out they will be given new identities and live the life of Riley on the tax payer.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:14 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Probably get sent to NZ with new identities!!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

It's disgusting makes me sick that the likely hood is they will be given new identities. It is also one of the reasons we are leaving, can't come quick enough
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:29 am
Just Joined

GavinP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with everyone here. Stories like this are a prime reason for me (and the Kiwi wife) wanting to move to NZ.

Gav.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:07 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

This violence could and does happen just as much here as anywhere else. It is not UK specific.So, people, please don't think you are escaping news of shocking and horrific violence on the news, because you are not. It is the same the world over.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:25 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Do your homework before you move if crime is a really big issue for you. I am born and bred kiwi and proud of it, and I think NZ is a wonderful country, but the truth is there is as much if not more violent crime and gang and drug/alcohol problems there, along with child abuse etc. Shocking. However as in the UK, it doesn't impact on most people's every day lives so both countries are safe to bring up children in (obviously you need to be careful what sort of area you choose live in).
Old Sep 5th 2009, 11:03 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I read this just now on bbc:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ex/8239448.stm

This guy is an idiot!!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Do your homework before you move if crime is a really big issue for you. I am born and bred kiwi and proud of it, and I think NZ is a wonderful country, but the truth is there is as much if not more violent crime and gang and drug/alcohol problems there, along with child abuse etc. Shocking. However as in the UK, it doesn't impact on most people's every day lives so both countries are safe to bring up children in (obviously you need to be careful what sort of area you choose live in).
I agree violent crime and child abuse is very high here. NZ is no safer than the UK. You do need to choose carefully where you want to live because there are some really rough areas.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Shocking news in UK

Unpleseant things do not always happen in 'rough' areas. A friends daughter was walking home from school when a man approached her asking if she would like to go and have some cola and biscuits with him. Friends daughter walked away. The man got in his car and drove a little in front of friends daughter, got out and tried to get her in his car. Friends daughter ran home. This ocured in a good area on the north shore.

We still have to teach our children to be careful, regardless of where we live.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
This violence could and does happen just as much here as anywhere else. It is not UK specific.So, people, please don't think you are escaping news of shocking and horrific violence on the news, because you are not. It is the same the world over.
Totally agree with you on this Bev. My other half works in Auckland at one of the main hospitals. Previously they worked at a large teaching hospital in London. Since arriving in NZ (just over two years) they have seen more children with fatal head injuries (from family violence etc), than they ever saw in 20 years of working in the NHS.

NZ has one of the worst child fatality rates. Domestic violence is a very big problem here in certain areas, this is sometimes also where there are large problems with drugs and alcohol. As Bev stated you will still be shocked at times by the news, NZ is lovely but not perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.