Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ships!!! I see no ships

Ships!!! I see no ships

Old May 23rd 2007, 10:36 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Ships!!! I see no ships

......that's because it's bl**dy broken down in Brisbane & now the s*dding container has got to be offloaded onto some chinese container ship that isn't due in till 4th June and MAF have given us a nice long list of stuff they want to inspect, most of which is because they can't understand ( nor can we!!) the abbreviations used to describe the contents of some of the boxes!! It was originally due in on 19th May

All I want is the toys for the kids, and my PJ's!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:42 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ships!!! I see no ships

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
......that's because it's bl**dy broken down in Brisbane & now the s*dding container has got to be offloaded onto some chinese container ship that isn't due in till 4th June and MAF have given us a nice long list of stuff they want to inspect, most of which is because they can't understand ( nor can we!!) the abbreviations used to describe the contents of some of the boxes!! It was originally due in on 19th May

All I want is the toys for the kids, and my PJ's!!
oh no, have some K@rma to speed the container on its way.......
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
oh no, have some K@rma to speed the container on its way.......

Thanks Hun
Anyone know where I can get a Hercules from!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hun
Anyone know where I can get a Hercules from!!
well there's always the base at Whenuapai I suppose but that's a little far for you!
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:01 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

well there's always the base at Whenuapai I suppose but that's a little far for you!

We've got Woodbourne down the road from us. I could always try sneaking in there

(or I could send Beachcombers in!!! He's just about to leave the country anyway!!)

Last edited by P2L; May 23rd 2007 at 11:04 am.
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:04 am
you dewty owld maan!

We've got Woodbourne down the road from us. I could always try sneaking in there

(or I could send Beachcombers in!!! He's just about to leave the country anyway!!)
dont tell them that I sent you............
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:07 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

dont tell them that I sent you............

DH has just bought a new rifle, I think he could be the man for the job!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:12 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Wot you got? wot you got? lemmeeeee seeee
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:13 am
you dewty owld maan!

DH has just bought a new rifle, I think he could be the man for the job!!
it'll be good for concentrating the mind of the person from MAF........
dont worry our bloke was really good, no worries inspite of the ladders not being steam cleaned!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:17 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Wot you got? wot you got? lemmeeeee seeee

http://www.guncity.co.nz/xurl/functi...wa-legacy.html

Evening!! He's gone to bed but I think it's this with a Leopold scope as an extra!! He's off into the Richmond Ranges at the weekend I think, if he gets it zeroed in time!

He's not happy that the container is elayed either as I'm sure you can imagine! His cami gear is on there too :curse:
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:31 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Have you been able to shoot much yet? ( I'm holding my breathe now cos I just know what's coming!!)
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:18 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah

In 90% of cases where MAF take a interest in a container, it's because the shipping company do not bother to provide the correct paperwork.

Ask your freight forwarders to provide a BACC certificate. If they can not, then they have not done their job properly and you should not be liable for any additional MAF clearance charges.
Old May 24th 2007, 7:50 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Have you been able to shoot much yet? ( I'm holding my breathe now cos I just know what's coming!!)
OK. Lets say been out more than a couple of times and need a bigger freezer. and bank balance for a couple more toys Been invited to a day out in Central Otago over the weekend so fresh fruit, grape juice, and ducky rabbit for tea on sunday

Richmond Range seems a good choice, plenty chammy and pork. need to look at the sounds as well, good all round apparently
Old May 24th 2007, 10:04 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
OK. Lets say been out more than a couple of times and need a bigger freezer. and bank balance for a couple more toys Been invited to a day out in Central Otago over the weekend so fresh fruit, grape juice, and ducky rabbit for tea on sunday

Richmond Range seems a good choice, plenty chammy and pork. need to look at the sounds as well, good all round apparently

He's got a colleague who is an ex pro hunter so, I don't think I'll be seeing much of him before too long Keep trying to persuade him to take the DS (and DDs too!!) then I can go and do the Abel Tasman walk, but seems to have fallen on deaf ears!

As for the freezer, we've already bought a 2nd one, trouble is the 1st one in on the container.....
Old May 30th 2007, 1:24 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

!!*%&:curse:*^%&*

Now it's been put back to the 15th!!!!! bl**dy p***ed off now!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.