Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ships in, but stuck on dock side!!!!!!

ships in, but stuck on dock side!!!!!!

Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default ships in, but stuck on dock side!!!!!!

We move into our new home in NZ (Takapuna) and have just been told we can't have our home contents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sugar and all that comes to mind and from a board Yorkshire lass i'm keeping st um
We now have to bloody buy things to keep us going eg..blow up beds, blankets cos it's cold at the mo (BIG FAT HAIL STONES IN AUCKLAND TODAY)
and plastic plates,take outs come to mind but fat as it is
has anybody gone through the same and how long, the removal company no help,
thanks if anybody can give advice wine now kicking in and very slowly calming down
Jane

Last edited by waynepfry; Oct 10th 2006 at 7:40 am.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ships in, but stuck on dock side!!!!!!

Originally Posted by waynepfry
We move into our new home in NZ (Takapuna) and have just been told we can't have our home contents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sugar and all that comes to mind and from a board Yorkshire lass i'm keeping st um
We now have to bloody buy things to keep us going eg..blow up beds, blankets cos it's cold at the mo (BIG FAT HAIL STONES IN AUCKLAND TODAY)
thanks if anybody can give advice wine now kicking in and very slowly calming down
Jane
Wine has kick in now paranoid didn't give them a tip (paid 3 grand skint comes to mind ) they did stand on the door step for a long time should i have give them a tip they wouldn't put something in the shipment would they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a parting gift you see it on the telly!
spit in your food ,shit in the shipment.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :scared:
jane
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:32 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Did they say why you couldn't have your contents jane, is it just the paper work needs filling in etc before they can let you have it?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Wine has kick in now paranoid didn't give them a tip (paid 3 grand skint comes to mind ) they did stand on the door step for a long time should i have give them a tip they wouldn't put something in the shipment would they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a parting gift you see it on the telly!
spit in your food ,shit in the shipment.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :scared:
jane
Hi Jane,
Is it not just sitting there waiting for Customs clearance? Some of your boxes will probably be marked as 'for inspection', so the shipment will sit there waiting for customs. I'm sure you'll get it quickly once it's cleared.
We slept on the floor and ate off cheap plates for 2 months while we waited for our container to arrive (we flew the same day as our stuff set sail).
Our children thought it was great fun!!!
Take a trip to The Warehouse. It's dead cheap and you should be able to get kitted out for not much at all.
We didn't tip either, so shouldn't worry about that.
Good luck,
Mark
Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sky
Did they say why you couldn't have your contents jane, is it just the paper work needs filling in etc before they can let you have it?
The ship arrived on the 1st of Oct and has cleared customs but hasn't cleared quarantine yet !!! i wish we hadn't of brought kids bikes.i did clean them well but thats the only thing i can think that would holds us up.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Markk]Hi Jane,
Is it not just sitting there waiting for Customs clearance? Some of your boxes will probably be marked as for inspection, so the shipment will sit there waiting for customs. I'm sure you'll get it quickly once it's cleared.
We slept on the floor and ate off cheap plates for 2 months while we waited for our container to arrive (we flew the same day as our stuff set sail).
Take a trip to The Warehouse. It's dead cheap and you should be able to get kitted out for not much at all.
Good
Mark[/QUOTE
Thanks Mark
The Warehouse here we come,we have fridge,oven,and dryer but nothing else, Air beds and blankets and need to find laundrette.
thanks again
Jane
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:10 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=waynepfry]
Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Jane,
Is it not just sitting there waiting for Customs clearance? Some of your boxes will probably be marked as for inspection, so the shipment will sit there waiting for customs. I'm sure you'll get it quickly once it's cleared.
Good
Mark[/QUOTE
Thanks Mark
The Warehouse here we come,we have fridge,oven,and dryer but nothing else, Air beds and blankets and need to find laundrette.
thanks again
Jane
The salvation army are good for mega cheap cups, plates and glasses and when your done using them you could take them back for them to resell again. I'd buy those foam mattresses if I were you as temporary beds, the air beds from the warehouse tend to go down overnight they're that cheap and you can use the foam mattresses for sleepovers for the kids and camping trips when your furniture arrives.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=sky]

The salvation army are good for mega cheap cups, plates and glasses and when your done using them you could take them back for them to resell again. I'd buy those foam mattresses if I were you as temporary beds, the air beds from the warehouse tend to go down overnight they're that cheap and you can use the foam mattresses for sleepovers for the kids and camping trips when your furniture arrives.
Yes, we bought the single foam mattresses for the girls with Bratz pictures on them very cheap. The girls liked them so much that they were upset when their real beds arrived!!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Jane
Oh gawd. Hope it doesn't take too long. I dont have any blow up beds or matresses but I probably have some spare bedding if you want to borrow?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jude J
Oh gawd. Hope it doesn't take too long. I dont have any blow up beds or matresses but I probably have some spare bedding if you want to borrow?
When our funiture arrived in NZ we were so excited that we went down to Devonport to see if we could see our ship in the dock!!!! Just to think that all our stuff was in one of those containers!!!!
Yer we're sad!!!!
But its awsum to have all your stuff around you again.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz

When our funiture arrived in NZ we were so excited that we went down to Devonport to see if we could see our ship in the dock!!!! Just to think that all our stuff was in one of those containers!!!!
Yer we're sad!!!!
But its awsum to have all your stuff around you again.
we did that too, we popped down to wellington to see ours......................we didn't know it was in Napier