Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping white goods to NZ

Shipping white goods to NZ

Old Feb 11th 2015, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

stuie55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping white goods to NZ

My family are about to emmigrate to NZ from the UK and want to ship our UK white goods' dryer and washing machine and want to know whether they will work in NZ.

Is there anything we have to do before they can work.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 3:14 pm
Vendor

GeorgeMartell is just really niceGeorgeMartell is just really niceGeorgeMartell is just really niceGeorgeMartell is just really niceGeorgeMartell is just really niceGeorgeMartell is just really niceGeorgeMartell is just really niceGeorgeMartell is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping white goods to NZ

Yes. Your white goods should work in New Zealand.

They have the same voltage as the UK but a lower amp of 10 (UK is 13amps) Make sure your appliances are lower than 2.4kw then you will be fine but if over you will probably have buy new ones when in NZ.

Your removals agent should know a little bit more about this than me.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 6:13 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuie55
My family are about to emmigrate to NZ from the UK and want to ship our UK white goods' dryer and washing machine and want to know whether they will work in NZ.

Is there anything we have to do before they can work.
they will be fine, just need to either get plug converters or cut UK off and stick a kiwi one on. On shipping make sure that if you have bought new or the item is less than 12mths old you may get stuck for tax on them as they would be classed as "new".
Old Feb 12th 2015, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Yep they'll work, just change the plug when you get here