Shipping from UK

Old Aug 28th 2016, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping from UK

Yep the box is 4 cu feet and that's barely big enough for a pair of shoes each - DH is size 12 and his bloody shoes take up so much space!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2016, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

wakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond repute

brill!
Can't wait to use that then!
Old Aug 28th 2016, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

wakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maquis
We were told the PSS airfreight box was 46x46x46 (4 cu feet) with max weight of 25kg.

Car seats - the airlines should take these free of charge (or at least, one item per baby/child, check airline policy). We're taking at least one full booster seat and one half booster with us.

Family treasures/mementos - not sure! We have a few, and will hopefully fit the most precious in our luggage. The rest we will have to ship. When we left NZ years ago, I left quite a bit behind, so perhaps you could do that initially, then bring out at a later date (either in person, or by ship)?
Have you been and come back and are going back again?
Maybe I'll store at home, I couldn't bear it if some of it got lost/damaged! And like you say I could bring it out in person another time!
Old Aug 28th 2016, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

maquis is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Kiwi, married to a Brit, and have been going back and forwards! This time is the worst, as we have accumulated so much more stuff (thanks, kids). Most of my old photos, etc. are in storage in NZ. I'm also worried about things getting lost or damaged in transit, but we won't be leaving anything behind in the UK. Sounds like it would make sense for you, though.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wakwak
There's a thought, car seats, although we are shipping a car..... But we will need seats for the hire car.

Work clothes makes sense and bulky coats. Did anyone arrange any excess baggage with the airline?

What about family treasures and memento's, I've got some old photo albums and my dads stamp albums, would you trust that to shipping?

Maybe I should box it up and leave it with someone at home
We took a car seat with us as at the time we only had 1 child and we needed it for the journey as we stayed in the UAE and AUS for 4 nights at each stop.
If you don't need a car seat on the journey just hire one from the car rental place as they all have the option to include a car seat.
I'd highly recommend buying car seats and shipping them as they are expensive here.
We thought about excess baggage but decided to take the risk. We got stung in Dubai to the tune of 440 GBP's but hey ho it would have cost us that for the extra baggage for the whole trip.
We sent all our momento's, photo albums etc in the container with all the rest of our goods and no issues.