Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

shipping toiletries

shipping toiletries

Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:45 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping toiletries

No no no

Am flying out tomorrow n dont really know what to expect... I know i'll work it out with what's out there!!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
No no no

Am flying out tomorrow n dont really know what to expect... I know i'll work it out with what's out there!!
Good Luck Hun. Wish you all the best. Really excited for you. Let us know how its all going when you can
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sad numptyhead-well maybe a little I just have a thing about hoarding stuff and saving up Boots points to have a lovely big shopping spree and not pay for it I just can't get 1 big expensive thing and have to get lots of small nice smelling things..... I need a life

Last edited by bevissa65; Jun 10th 2009 at 1:17 pm. Reason: spelling!!!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
Why would you pack n send toiletries??

I mean... Dont they sell this stuff in NZ?

They best do or am on the next flight back!! ahah
You'll be glad know they do have toiletries, you will be fine, they also have TV's, sofa's and clothes, but I found toiletries really expensive and you don't get 2 for 1 here, so we stocked up and when we unpacked the containers we wanted for nothing, it was all there and knowing they were cheaper, put a smug smile on my face.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:27 am
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

Originally Posted by teebrown
You'll be glad know they do have toiletries, you will be fine, they also have TV's, sofa's and clothes, but I found toiletries really expensive and you don't get 2 for 1 here, so we stocked up and when we unpacked the containers we wanted for nothing, it was all there and knowing they were cheaper, put a smug smile on my face.
Do they sell Mitchum deodorant out there? (green bottle, roll-on) I can't live without the stuff!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DGH
Do they sell Mitchum deodorant out there? (green bottle, roll-on) I can't live without the stuff!
yes
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Do they do Imperial Leather Soap...wow this could be a great idea for a thread
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Numptyhead, surely you will get loads of bars of Imperial Leather and ship it over along with the other toiletries, stationery and quilting stuff.......... Try card making you could soon part with lots of money and fill big boxes with yet more stuff (yes, thought me and the sprog would start. How bloody expensive has that been) Buying cards would be cheaper Bevissa
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bring the stationary and card making stuff. Bring ONLY that and fill the container and then send some to me. I have just started with this card making malarky and I am finding the materials a bit on the expensive side for what they are and not that much choice really.
Thankfully, I have a migrant friend who was well into craft before she came out and brought her stuff with her , so I get to nick a few bits here and there.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Numptyhead, surely you will get loads of bars of Imperial Leather and ship it over along with the other toiletries, stationery and quilting stuff.......... Try card making you could soon part with lots of money and fill big boxes with yet more stuff (yes, thought me and the sprog would start. How bloody expensive has that been) Buying cards would be cheaper Bevissa
Well yes, I will bring some...infact I have some packed already:

oh I haven't got into card making.....although was tempted a while back....I have way too many hobbies already. I had a look in my shed yesterday at my cache of fabric...wow I have so much curtain and upholstery fabric, so we will be alright for curtains when we are over there.

Do you have 'The Range' in Norwich. If not, Bevissa you would love it. Its got stationary and craft stuff...a s***t load of card making stuff. You would be in your sad element.

I wonder if they do have Imperial leather soap in NZ...anyone??
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Bring the stationary and card making stuff. Bring ONLY that and fill the container and then send some to me. I have just started with this card making malarky and I am finding the materials a bit on the expensive side for what they are and not that much choice really.
Thankfully, I have a migrant friend who was well into craft before she came out and brought her stuff with her , so I get to nick a few bits here and there.
Bevs, If there is anything in particular you would like , you only have to ask. I could take photos of the aisles At least look at the prices.

Now quilting is my current thing and I hear it is popular over there.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes Maria we have "the range" in Norwich. I'm just not going there, I'm not not not......well maybe tomorrow.no... I think he would murder me if I collected any more "stuff" There's only so many times you can say "oh , I've had that for ages" bless. xx
Sorry BEVS daughter would kill me if I parted with any card making stuff and at her age she's way to scary to upset xx
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:54 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Try spotlight for craft stuff in NZ.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Try spotlight for craft stuff in NZ.
You be a veritable fountain of all knowledge