Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

shipping toiletries

shipping toiletries

Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default shipping toiletries

Hi all, has anyone shipped over bottles of bubble bath and shampoo etc? I have a thing about them and have hoarded stacks of them (we all have our little foibles) Pickfords told me it was fine to ship em over and PSS told me not too as they will be opened and tested for explosives etc Is this right? Thanks, Bevissa
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping toiletries

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hi all, has anyone shipped over bottles of bubble bath and shampoo etc? I have a thing about them and have hoarded stacks of them (we all have our little foibles) Pickfords told me it was fine to ship em over and PSS told me not too as they will be opened and tested for explosives etc Is this right? Thanks, Bevissa
On a similar theme John Masons told us no food or drink whatsoever was allowed to be shipped but on here I have read different.
It seems different shippers have different ideas of what is allowed and what is not!?

Which is correct?!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Kaz n Joolz is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved over 3 yrs ago and are still using some of the toiletries we shipped over!!! We collected toiletries for about 12 months prior to leaving (thanks to good ol' Tesco's buy one get one free's!!).

Our container was inspected by MAF and everything was declared as 'toiletries'. No one said a word about it, the only products we were told we couldn't import in our container were any toiletries that had any honey in them.

Karen
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:11 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaz n Joolz
We moved over 3 yrs ago and are still using some of the toiletries we shipped over!!! We collected toiletries for about 12 months prior to leaving (thanks to good ol' Tesco's buy one get one free's!!).

Our container was inspected by MAF and everything was declared as 'toiletries'. No one said a word about it, the only products we were told we couldn't import in our container were any toiletries that had any honey in them.

Karen
As Karen said, we bought toiletries with us - no problem. We also bought unopened spices, bottles, jars and tins that were lurking in the cupboard. My only surprise was MAF not debating the old slice of toast still in the toaster?!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevissa65
We had no problem bringing them over, I also brought over 4 bottles of whisky that were packed along with the kitchen stuff and had no hassles atall.

We also had my sis in law come visit us and she brought over bath goodies from the UK with no hassles
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RobDon
It seems different shippers have different ideas of what is allowed and what is not!?

Which is correct?!
That is correct. Depends who comes through your door as to what advice you get. Always better to double check with the MAF website. If in doubt one can contact MAF direct . They are very helpful.

We brought toiletries & some unopened food items. We also brought over a few bottles of unopened spirits which had been given to husband for his 40th.

Someone was once told they couldn't bring their feather duvets as they contained bird feathers.

Pickfords told me it was fine to ship em over and PSS told me not too as they will be opened and tested for explosives
This really made be giggle. It's the mental image of everyone's suitcases , cartons and containers going off 'pop' all over the place .
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
This really made be giggle. It's the mental image of everyone's suitcases , cartons and containers going off 'pop' all over the place .
My friend's Mum brought some Walkers crisps over in her luggage & they exploded on the plane. My friend still ate them
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Suppose it does sound comical. It would take them ages to test but boy, would everything smell nice I'm going to bring my unopened booze as well now. Thanks guys
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

You sad muppet! Ihope you're not reading this while you're at work...!!!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

we bought shampoo, bubble bath, liquid soap, booze - infact everything. We were told we weren't allowed some stuff, but they packed them anyway and labeled the boxes as kitchen stuff and MAF didn't open them. We must have toothpaste to last us the rest of the year!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a whole box of toiletries,including 20 tubes of asda handcream my friend wanted me to bring! Shaving balm for my OH,sudocrem,boots protect and perfect serum and moisturisers,iodine spray,hydrocortisone cream,toothpaste,shampoo,conditioner,multi vitamins and omega 3 for the kids and much much more. OH also put in his whisky collection but packers marked box as glasses I think

Phyl x
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:46 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I was having a tea with an English friend yesterday and her Mum periodically sends her out packets of suet. Yuk !
These packets are always opened by customs & I can't think it's because they like the look and smell of the stuff..
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:23 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you pack n send toiletries??

I mean... Dont they sell this stuff in NZ?

They best do or am on the next flight back!! ahah
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
Why would you pack n send toiletries??

I mean... Dont they sell this stuff in NZ?

They best do or am on the next flight back!! ahah
I've had Tyrozets sent for sore throats. They are the only thing that works for me & OH & they don't sell 'em here.

Also & I'll whisper this, they don't sell Lil-lets here either so have had those sent over too . Now use Carefree but not as good IMVH & embarrassed opinion
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Also & I'll whisper this, they don't sell Lil-lets here either so have had those sent over too . Now use Carefree but not as good IMVH & embarrassed opinion

Brilliant....thanks for letting us know. This is why I love this site...we learn so much everyday...tannies are so important

This is how sad I am....I spent a few hours the other day going through an online NZ supermarket and seeing what they sell (in the way of toiletries....lol) so I could compare and contrast.....jesus...I think I am a lost cause....but obviously not as bad as Bevissa the O.P of this thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.