Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping - Sydney to Wellington

Shipping - Sydney to Wellington

Old Dec 29th 2013, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Ozling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping - Sydney to Wellington

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster! My partner and I are moving to Wellington in March/April and are looking for some recommendations for shipping companies from Sydney. We're planning on bringing everything (having read all advice) including our car. Any recommendations or otherwise would be great before I start getting in touch with companies.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping - Sydney to Wellington

Originally Posted by Ozling
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster! My partner and I are moving to Wellington in March/April and are looking for some recommendations for shipping companies from Sydney. We're planning on bringing everything (having read all advice) including our car. Any recommendations or otherwise would be great before I start getting in touch with companies.
Might be better to ask in the Oz forum for Sydney to NZ.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 9:08 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozling
We did the same move about 8 years ago - I won't tell you who we used because they applied that brown sticky tape directly to suede sofas, AND they nicked our deep fat fryer! We did find out that it cost more to come from Sydney to Wellington than it took to get from UK to Oz.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks, I'll try over in the Oz forum.

Ouch, let's hope we find someone who doesn't ruin our couch or steal things! Definitely will be adding insurance on top of our move.

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing Melbourne to Auckland next month and the quote for a 40ft container is around $8k plus insurance of nearly $5k. We are using OSS
Old Jan 1st 2014, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hebe
I'm doing Melbourne to Auckland next month and the quote for a 40ft container is around $8k plus insurance of nearly $5k. We are using OSS
Thanks so much! Best of luck with the move.