Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping suitcases from Auckland (NZ) to Kent (UK)

Shipping suitcases from Auckland (NZ) to Kent (UK)

Old Jan 4th 2023, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

djav09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Shipping suitcases from Auckland (NZ) to Kent (UK)

Hi all,

I'm trying to ship to large suitcases from Auckland back to the UK but only getting extortionate rates. I recently sent 15x25kg boxes the other way for £500 so i'm not sure why it's so high.

Does anyone have advice on the cheapest option? Have you sent stuff with a cheap company before?

I'm also wondering if anyone from this forum is flying back to UK in the next few months and would consider taking 1 or 2 bags for me (for a fee)? It's just house stuff - clothes, books etc.

Any help and advice appreciated! Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2023, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping suitcases from Auckland (NZ) to Kent (UK)

It's expensive because it's New Zealand

Have you thought of using standard size shipping boxes instead of suitcases. It might be cheaper
Old Jan 6th 2023, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djav09
Hi all,

I'm trying to ship to large suitcases from Auckland back to the UK but only getting extortionate rates. I recently sent 15x25kg boxes the other way for £500 so i'm not sure why it's so high.

Does anyone have advice on the cheapest option? Have you sent stuff with a cheap company before?

I'm also wondering if anyone from this forum is flying back to UK in the next few months and would consider taking 1 or 2 bags for me (for a fee)? It's just house stuff - clothes, books etc.

How long ago did u send them from the UK?

World wide shipping costs has gone through the roof the past 24 months with massive delays.
try Move cube I found them reasonable costs.

to be honest don’t take this wrong way.
there is no way on gods earth I would take a bag on a plane of a random online.
Old Jan 7th 2023, 11:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jarv5116
How long ago did u send them from the UK?

Not from the UK.
To the UK.
Old Jan 8th 2023, 12:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

How long ago did u send them from the UK?.....
Originally Posted by BEVS
Not from the UK.
To the UK.
......I recently sent 15x25kg boxes the other way for £500 so i'm not sure why it's so high......
I think jarv was asking about this, which to me, the other way would be UK to NZ.

Anhow, is a move cube or similar available in NZ?

Alternatively, as it's just clothes, books and household items - would it be cheaper to sell / donate in NZ and replace in UK?
Old Jan 8th 2023, 2:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

If its anything like Australia, excess baggage on the likes of Qantas is pretty much the same as paying a removal firm for air freight at present. Unless you send them surface, as part of a shared container, it is going to be pricey, trust me, I've spent weeks on this one. Best bet is to contact shipping companies and ask about moving them as part of a container load.

Asking someone to take 2 bags for you has two implications - firstly, that would eat up their entire baggage allowance, so you would be paying excess baggage rates.
Secondly - think about the implications when that person gets asked at check in whether they are carrying things for anyone else, and do they know exactly what is in the bag. I'll be honest, there are probably only 5 or 6 people in the world that I know well enough to carry a whole bag for them.
Old Jan 8th 2023, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Not from the UK.
To the UK.
did you actually read the text he wrote or just the headline topic?
Old Jan 8th 2023, 7:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

did you actually read the text he wrote or just the headline topic?
I read his opening post. Here it is

Hi all,

To me he is asking for help info and advice re shipping items NZ to UK.

Old Jan 8th 2023, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

I read his opening post. Here it is

To me he is asking for help info and advice re shipping items NZ to UK.
Me too!

I wouldn't risk taking anything back for someone I didn't know extremely well for obvious reasons. If I did agree then I would want them to pack it in front of me and I'd be checking the suitcase etc. too!
Plus I struggle with my own luggage allowance, never mind anyone else's .
Have you tried "Send my bag" or Movecube?
Old Jan 9th 2023, 4:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chocolate eclair
Me too!

I wouldn't risk taking anything back for someone I didn't know extremely well for obvious reasons. If I did agree then I would want them to pack it in front of me and I'd be checking the suitcase etc. too!
Plus I struggle with my own luggage allowance, never mind anyone else's .
Have you tried "Send my bag" or Movecube?
Same here, if anoyne asks me for even a bar of chocolate its touch and go as to whether I have the room
Old Jan 9th 2023, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Same here, if anoyne asks me for even a bar of chocolate its touch and go as to whether I have the room
I might offer to take the chocolate but with the added caveat that the "whole" chocolate bar might not arrive!!