Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

shipping stuff to oz

shipping stuff to oz

Old Jan 13th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default shipping stuff to oz

hi all

has anyone moved themselves to melbourne from Kiwiland

how much does shipping cost?

we have two queen beds, big tv, big sofa x2 couple shelves, computer, and various clothes and personal effects

anyone have any ideas of how much it will cost to ship, any decent companies,

any horror stories?
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:14 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: shipping stuff to oz

Originally Posted by Sugo View Post
hi all

we have two queen beds, big tv, big sofa x2 couple shelves, computer, and various clothes and personal effects

any horror stories?
I dunno but at work I've seen invoices for Allied Pickfords moving people from teh South Island to North Island and it's cost nearly 6k. So maybe it's 10k to Australia? Probably be doing it myself soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like everyone else.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

My (kiwi) neighbours went to Brissy years ago, remember it being around $7k mark??
Na seriously, just a thought, have you asked the question on the OZ forum?
Might be someone there who has recently done NZ to Melbourne??

PS All the best.
x
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:05 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

hi all

any horror stories?
I would put it all on trademe and start again...
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:52 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

any horror stories?
We've got to bring our furniture from Darwin to NZ, so far quotes have been around the 16k mark. We're considering bringing down Aussie ourselves and having it shipped from there. Let me know what you find out, my husband has got some companies we contacted, I'll post them on here later.