Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

shipping scuba equipment

shipping scuba equipment

Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

wakeride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping scuba equipment

hi there our ITA has now been lodged so the waiting game starts hopefully it will not be to long. i was planning on bringing all my scuba equipment over with me but just found out that i may need a lab or sp number on my scuba cylinders has any one brought your own over or know any thing about it as this could get expensive if need to get it done on all cylinders thanks
Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:04 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: shipping scuba equipment

Originally Posted by wakeride
hi there our ITA has now been lodged so the waiting game starts hopefully it will not be to long. i was planning on bringing all my scuba equipment over with me but just found out that i may need a lab or sp number on my scuba cylinders has any one brought your own over or know any thing about it as this could get expensive if need to get it done on all cylinders thanks
Going off a ten year old memory here, so double check this: I brought my tank over in my container. Just dropped the pressure to 50psi. Then, when i got here I found that I couldn't use the tank because Aus/NZ requirements are to have a burst valve, which UK tanks don't need, and is quite expensive to fit.

It might be cheaper and easier to sell your tanks in the Uk and replace them with Aus/NZ certified tanks here. But like I said, this is ten year old info, so check it.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

yeh i have the burst disk valves its just the nz/aus lab number i was thinking of selling here and getting new while in nz its just the cost of doing this will be huge as i will have to replace one 15lt two 12lt four 7lt and then there is the 10 and 12lt twinsets. keeping all 11 cylinders and regulators serviced in the uk already burns a hole in our pocket with out replacing all of this then there is finding somewhere that stocks 7lt sides
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:20 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wakeride
yeh i have the burst disk valves its just the nz/aus lab number i was thinking of selling here and getting new while in nz its just the cost of doing this will be huge as i will have to replace one 15lt two 12lt four 7lt and then there is the 10 and 12lt twinsets. keeping all 11 cylinders and regulators serviced in the uk already burns a hole in our pocket with out replacing all of this then there is finding somewhere that stocks 7lt sides
Mate! You could start a bloody SCUBA school with that lot!!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

looking to try and make a living so no school for me we both dive a lot so only half is actually mine does not sound as bad now but could do with a sort out any way as getting gas will be a problem. we are just hoping to get settled down and then hopefully the gf can find a job in marine biology then i can volunteer and tag along on the boat
Old Nov 13th 2013, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

We brought all our gear with us I had a 15ltr faber that they put the burst valve on and certed no problem but they wont do the wifes 12 ltr stubbie don,t know why ????

They are expensive over here so if you can bung em in the container I would

Neil