Shipping Quotes

Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Shipping Quotes

Hi

We are just lining up some shipping companies to come round and quote for shipping a 20ft container........

If anyone can give us some top tips on questions we should be asking (as I don't really want any hidden surprises that we hadn't thought about). I did google some previous threads and come up with the following but if you can add to these I would appreciate it ....

- MAF fees (are these included in their quote??)
- Check out what their insurance costs are
- Check no import tax/duty to be paid
- Transportation costs from Port to NZ address ??
- Storage costs if needed either prior to shipping or on dock at Auckland.

Many thanks Lou x
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:55 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Quotes

If they provide insurance is it door to door and can they match a quote from elsewhere (Letton Percival)

If you have leather sofas, what do they wrap them in?? (Make sure it's not bubblewrap as this makes the sofa sweat and marks it)....

Shipping times.....
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:02 pm
Newbie in New Zealand

Nelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to all

Will you have entire container or have to share one.
Will they bring container to your door at both ends and seal/unseal it in your presence - sometimes they offload it onto delivery vans and its then that things can go missing
WHat do they use for packing your precious goods
Is the company that delivers it NZ side part of the company who packs and despatches it at UK end ie one company with solus responsibilty
Do they unpack everything in NZ and remove the packaging (could be costly otherwise)

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 12:26 pm
www.hyperreality.net

Shingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant future

Hi, I had four shipping companies round the other week. We've decided to go with Robinsons as I was impressed with the guy that came round. I had my list of questions, but he answered all of them without me asking! They also make all their own crates for your tv, large artwork etc. and don't charge you for it. They had the cheapest storage rates in the UK, which sealed the deal for us because we may have to store for up to 6 months. They ship to NZ every week, so for our part-container of 640 cubic feet they quoted us about 8 weeks door-to-door. They also did the best deal on insurance compared to the others. All the others also mentioned that they would probably have to increase the price quoted in March 2011 due to some shipping increases which would affect all companies. Robinsons were the only ones who said that they would absorb any extra costs from that. Good luck.