Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping Quotations Thread

Shipping Quotations Thread

Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:01 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Quotations Thread

I thought I would start a new thread on Shipping costs - just cos I can

Today I have submitted online quotes to Crown, EVL and some others (dammit cant remember who they all are now)

And requested visits from these guy:

PSS, Britannia, Hadey & Ottaway, Glasswells and Bishops Move.

I will keep you posted on what they quote to move all my junk from a 3bed semi in Cambs to (hopefully) wellington, NZ
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

donscbr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Quotations Thread

fabulous- will look forward to the results. Has anyone shipped their car?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

chelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nicechelsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by donscbr6
fabulous- will look forward to the results. Has anyone shipped their car?
Hi,

We did all of our packing and organised shipping a container ourselves using Arrowfreight as we had the time to pack/unpack each end and we were quoted extortionate amounts for someone to come and do it for us. In our container we had our Lotus and then we packed our house contents around it. My OH cleaned the whole car meticulously and we got through MAF without them even wanting to steam clean it! There are various regulations to follow and you have to have owned the car for 5 years so you don't have to pay any import duty (there is a sliding scale if you haven't), and then once in NZ you can't sell the car for 2 years otherwise you have to pay import duty!

We found the whole process very easy and wished we had brought our golf!

I would say it would really depend on the car though. Jap imports are much cheaper here than the UK but if you import a European car you've got to take into consideration that parts will be a lot more expensive!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dreamfish
I thought I would start a new thread on Shipping costs - just cos I can

Today I have submitted online quotes to Crown, EVL and some others (dammit cant remember who they all are now)

I will keep you posted on what they quote to move all my junk from a 3bed semi in Cambs to (hopefully) wellington, NZ
We used Britannia

No problems, very helpful and great with the packing, and they were great even though we were slightly over our quote, extra wasnt to expensive either

packed everything well
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:23 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kwprwn
We used Britannia

No problems, very helpful and great with the packing, and they were great even though we were slightly over our quote, extra wasnt to expensive either

packed everything well
We have PSS coming next week to quote so will tell all then. We're looking at 4-5 bedroom house from Cornwall to Tauranga. john Masons wouldn't come this far to quote, but said to phone them with the sized container that PSS say we need and they'll quote from that which I thought was lazy, cheeky and downright immoral - so I shan't be doing that!!! (If I were in their shoes however, would probably have said the same!)

We're also getting Britannia (coz they've heard of Cornwall and actually have a depot here!) and Blatchfords who are in Exeter.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:59 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Hell on earth? Popped in to see a mate in Porthtowan the other week, second only to the Isle o' Wight for places I'd leave to go to NZ
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Hell on earth? Popped in to see a mate in Porthtowan the other week, second only to the Isle o' Wight for places I'd leave to go to NZ
At last ... someone who understands!!! And that's far nicer than where we are!!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We moved from Cambs to AKL and used Hadley and Ottaway.... they were totally excellent!!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:37 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
We used Britannia
dreamfish - I'd be interested in where britannia came in compared to the others. Me mate at work used them to bring him back from Sing. - their local mover seems pretty good.

kwprwn - what were their agents in NZ like?

thanks guys,
ian
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:18 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread would give me some idea as to the prices being charged, hence the word "quotations".
Are we all being a little overcautious in case we were charged over the odds.
C'mon folks, shared or full containers, how big, how much and would you recommend them to others.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lardyl
dreamfish - I'd be interested in where britannia came in compared to the others. Me mate at work used them to bring him back from Sing. - their local mover seems pretty good.

kwprwn - what were their agents in NZ like?

thanks guys,
ian
Other than a couple of calls to them to see when our stuff would be delivered, my husband dealt with them this side, they just delivered the boxes to the address and were in and out in 20 mins, they did say they would come back for empty boxes but as of now they are still in the garage and we got the shipping in May we are saving them for moving here as we are moving at end of month...hopefully

I wouldnt say they were bad but not superb if that makes sense
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but I thought this thread would give me some idea as to the prices being charged, hence the word "quotations".
C'mon folks, shared or full containers, how big, how much and would you recommend them to others.

crown relocations - 20 ft container - herts - wellington = £4000
would recommend & would use again
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

We paid just over 800 pounds (no bloody pound sign on computer ) and insurance to insure about 6000 pounds worth of goods was 145 pounds

shipping container WAS APPROX 100 SQUARE FEET
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:26 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry that was me being a little too eager.

This is my schedule:
11th - PSS
12th Britannia
16th John Masons
17th Hadley & Ottaway, Oakbridge and Glasswells
18th Bishops
19th Zagni

A couple of online quotes have said to 'get a quote from someone else and we will give you our price'.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:30 pm

Sorry that was me being a little too eager.

This is my schedule:
11th - PSS
12th Britannia
16th John Masons
17th Hadley & Ottaway, Oakbridge and Glasswells
18th Bishops
19th Zagni

A couple of online quotes have said to 'get a quote from someone else and we will give you our price'.

This is my schedule:
11th PSS - spooky but true!

Ummmmm ...

To be continued!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.