Shipping question

Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Dawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the rough
Default Shipping question

Hi can anyone please give or have any advice on shipping companies,what sort of cost for a 20ft contanier + insurance and should we have a good clear out or bring things with us ie white goods,tv`s,videos,dvd players,kitchen utensils.It would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 1st 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dawn1972

Originally Posted by Dawn1972 View Post
Hi can anyone please give or have any advice on shipping companies,what sort of cost for a 20ft contanier + insurance and should we have a good clear out or bring things with us ie white goods,tv`s,videos,dvd players,kitchen utensils.It would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Dawn,
we paid just under £3000 inc insurance with Brittania who were great up until the point they forgot to tell us that our container wouldn't leave until 6 weeks after the date they had gave us. Crown seems to get good press here.
If your DVD is multi regional then bring it, TVs generally do work despite what people say but some have had problems, bring your washer - the machines here are top loaders that just sort of swish things around a bit (or our rental one does). We brought most of our newer / better stuff and ditched / car booted the rest. If you're bringing pounds you will find things pretty cheap to replace. Our container arrives tomorrow and I'm sure it will be full of crap but most important are photos, books etc - things with memories attached which can't be replaced.
Old May 1st 2007, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Dawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the roughDawn1972 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dawn1972

Hi Donnaf
Thanks for the advice I`m beginning to look at our belongings differently.Was just looking at another thread about a family "going home at last". I was quite interested in what you said about her only joining when leaving NZ, what made her and her family leave the UK in the first place, and why not try a different area ? Yes you do have to look into every detail it is a big move.I wonder if her problems moved with her from the UK..you can`t run from anything.Thanks again
Dawn