Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

shipping insurance

shipping insurance

Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

vicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond repute
Default shipping insurance

Have just been adding up the value of all our stuff for the shipping insurance and think maybe I'm being a tad too accurate.
Looking at the cost of CDs in NZ I have just worked out replacing our collection would come to approx. $5,000 and we've had a big clear out....... think this insurance stuff is going to cost more than I had thought - glad I haggled them down a bit!!

Guess we'll have to do some serious loading onto Ipods and whittle the collection down even more!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping insurance

Be warned that the insurance is only for things that totally no longer function, but if only due to damage in transit. It also does not include damage for climatic reasons i.e. heat/cold if you read the small print.

We had significant damage and ended up with a loss adjuster giving us only a fraction of what we had claimed against.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

vicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond reputevicejw has a reputation beyond repute

did you cover for mold and mildew? How did your stuff get damaged if you don't mind me asking
Old Sep 6th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

you should think about , selling and buying when you get to nz a five price bedromm set only cost $2,000 fridge $1500 go on trade me as well, then you could have a shared container
Old Sep 7th 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vicejw
did you cover for mold and mildew? How did your stuff get damaged if you don't mind me asking
Where abouts in HERTS are you and when you off and where are you headed.
We are in St albans and hope to be in Blenheim by end of the month.

Best of luck
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicejw
Yes we did, but this was a pair of motorcycle boots that lost a lot of material that neither me or the local importers have ever seen before.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We're leaving St Albans for Wellington next week - don't go to Verdi's in Clarence park on Friday night it may be a bit noisy!

Fleetville Park opposite the school will definitely be noisy for the kids' leaving party after school, but hopefully there'll be less alcohol consumed!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MOSO
We're leaving St Albans for Wellington next week - don't go to Verdi's in Clarence park on Friday night it may be a bit noisy!

Fleetville Park opposite the school will definitely be noisy for the kids' leaving party after school, but hopefully there'll be less alcohol consumed!
LOL, i've eaten in Verdi's plenty of times. Hope you have a grat night. we hoping to fly on the 22nd
Wishing you all the VERY best!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

sounds like half of hertfordshire will be in NZ soon. We're not going out till 7th Dec but we're headed to Nelson.... I'm getting impatient now and wished we'd booked early flights.
Fed up with all the paperwork and want to get on with our new life. The more time here the more time to worry! Still we'll get there, still faffing over the insurance stuff, not sure why.