Shipping housestuff and VW transporter

Shipping housestuff and VW transporter

Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Wellyk9 will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping housestuff and VW transporter

hi guys

Anyone have any thoughts on the following:

The contents of the house is going to cost £3690 to ship. It contains all our stuff with is average at best, the leather sofa has a couple of tears where the kids have sat on the cushions, there is nothing valuable at all. It is worth taking it or should we say money???

Second is the VW transports, as you can imagine my husband (almost a mid life crisis) loves it and I have to admit it is very comfy and roomy for the children and dogs. It is going to cost prob £3000 to get roll on, roll off from Southhampton. We have a loan on it so could prob sell for £8000 which would only give us about £2000 once loan was payed off. Obviously this could go towards our moving costs or the cost of purchasing another car when we arrive.
Any advice out there please???
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:12 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping housestuff and VW transporter

Originally Posted by Wellyk9
hi guys

Anyone have any thoughts on the following:

The contents of the house is going to cost £3690 to ship. It contains all our stuff with is average at best, the leather sofa has a couple of tears where the kids have sat on the cushions, there is nothing valuable at all. It is worth taking it or should we say money???

Second is the VW transports, as you can imagine my husband (almost a mid life crisis) loves it and I have to admit it is very comfy and roomy for the children and dogs. It is going to cost prob £3000 to get roll on, roll off from Southhampton. We have a loan on it so could prob sell for £8000 which would only give us about £2000 once loan was payed off. Obviously this could go towards our moving costs or the cost of purchasing another car when we arrive.
Any advice out there please???
For car prices, check here

For furniture, check here, here and here

Personally, I'd bring everything.........except the VW, if there is money owing on it, unless it's not a lot. Will the van fit in a 40ft container with your stuff? We moved here using a 20ft container but without a car
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Wellyk9 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We will be selling the transporter and will take as much as we can.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 3:05 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wellyk9
Thanks for taking the time to reply. We will be selling the transporter and will take as much as we can.
No worries. One thing we've found is that furniture is expensive for what you get. We've sold a couple of items of furniture because we weren't using them. We sold a wardrobe and a leather corner sofa, both were 7 yr old and both sold for the same price we paid for them, in the UK!!
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:22 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Sod that, bring the van!!!! You'll really regret losing it.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Bring it with you as cars are expensive. I'm just trying to sort out getting my splitty shipped over