British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Shipping help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/shipping-help-891766/)

Mishclark Feb 17th 2017 10:14 pm

Shipping help

Hi all,

My apologies for posting this, I have been searching everywhere but can't find the information I need (please feel free mods to move this if I have posted in the wrong spot!).

I am getting quotes from Sydney to Christchurch at the moment, not going with the one I used previously as they are mightily expensive now, I am waiting on a shared container quote, and another one I have looked at only goes to Auckland..I will need it stored at the depot for a few months, and am looking for a company that is able to unload the packed container and move it down to CHCH eventually.

None of the three suggested companies that the shippers gave me do this, I don't know why they suggested them!

Thanks in advance,

Michelle :)

Bo-Jangles Feb 18th 2017 1:43 am

Re: Shipping help

I am sure there are others but most of the shippers use either:

NZ Van Lines

or

The Moving Company

Mishclark Feb 18th 2017 2:26 am

Thank you Bo-Jangles! Appreciated x

Lisa Maree Feb 18th 2017 9:42 am

We moved UK to NZ with Pickfords, their NZ counterparts were NZ Van Lines and they are storing our possessions (20ft container shipped into Mt Maunganui) onsite for a reasonable-ish monthly fee of $300, container was unloaded and MAF checked and then boxes split across several wooden crates and stacked in their warehouse for the foreseeable future.

Mishclark Feb 18th 2017 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Lisa Maree (Post 12183088)
We moved UK to NZ with Pickfords, their NZ counterparts were NZ Van Lines and they are storing our possessions (20ft container shipped into Mt Maunganui) onsite for a reasonable-ish monthly fee of $300, container was unloaded and MAF checked and then boxes split across several wooden crates and stacked in their warehouse for the foreseeable future.

That's wonderful, thanks Lisa Maree! I will send through a quote request for them. I will either be there July or end December so once I am there I will be storing my stuff for a few months whilst staying in a holiday home whilst looking for permanent accommodation. I've done it before, just a bit different this time

Fasouri Feb 19th 2017 8:42 pm

Crown moved us from Hong Kong. Excellent service and goods moved from Tauranga to our home on arrival

Mishclark Feb 20th 2017 5:35 am

Thank you to everyone here, NZ Vanlines are going to help me on the NZ end.

Appreciated!