Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping goods insurance.

Shipping goods insurance.

Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:53 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping goods insurance.

I can't remember the name. so can anyone recommend insurance for household goods we're shippng to NZ.
Apparently they're around 0.5% of goods rather than Pickford's 3%.
Trevor is in my head, but that's as much as I can remember from the posts I've seen in the past.
Quick as you can please chaps.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:07 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping goods insurance.

Sorry its a bit late but been busy sorting for the packers on Monday

We're using Letton Percival. Its costing us £600 instead of the removal companies £1600

www.lettonpercival.co.uk

We've sorted all ours over the phone this week. They were very helpful. If they accepted karma I'd give them some
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Or you could do what we did... duly fill in the insurance forms (Pickford's ones btw), put them down whilst doing the 101 other things in readiness for the emigration, and find them again once you'd arrived in NZ and the container was already en route... can't set the insurance once the container has left the house apparently there were a few sleepness nights until it arrived safely and with no breakages!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Don't insure, it is a pure profit play for the movers or insurance company. Think of the 600 pounds as about $1500 plus. I thinkg that there is an excess amount on the insurance too. So, you have to have more than ay $1500 plus in damage before you break eve - no pun intended.

everyon I spoke to before moving had very good experience, most using Crown. we decided to not insure and we had now damage at all. However we can't find the metal cup fo the milk shake blender which has a positive element to it as I am not eating as much ice cream.

So think about it, do you really think that the insurance is worth it? I don't and we had some nice stuff that shipped.