Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping diving equipment

Shipping diving equipment

Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Achy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping diving equipment

I have been told today that if I am going to ship my diving equipment to NZ in our containerI will need to ensure that they are completely free from any traces of salt water.

Has anyone got any experiences of shipping diving equipment and if so, how they went about it?
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:37 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping diving equipment

Originally Posted by Achy
I have been told today that if I am going to ship my diving equipment to NZ in our containerI will need to ensure that they are completely free from any traces of salt water.

Has anyone got any experiences of shipping diving equipment and if so, how they went about it?
= clean and dry, nothing more. MAF will want to inspect it this end so make sure no water pools/residues that may contain foreign matter, no contaminants or corrosion.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

We brought a lot of gear out with us I just gave it a really good clean and made sure all the usuall crud was of the zips ect we had no problems with it

Neil
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Achy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, that was my thoughts but I was told by a removal agent today that I would need to steralise everything to remove all traces of salt, and that he recommended soaking everything in Milton fluid.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand, we did have huge problems getting our cylinders OK'd for use here, mine failed (it is a Beaver) as they had never heard of it and now I am faced with an $800 bill for a new cyl

If yours is not an internationally recognised name sell it and buy one here. Mine is now useless as I can't get it fitted with the correct burst valave that they require and can't get a fill.

Jan
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

I didn't even go that far. Made sure all my gear was clean and dry and lobbed it into the container (neatly!) and flogged my cylinder. I didn't want any hastle with it this end so figured better safe than sorry.

Suggest you do the same, as there are potential issues with shipping companies as well, depending on how much pressure it holds while being shipped.