Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping costs - parts for a vehicle.

Shipping costs - parts for a vehicle.

Old Oct 31st 2012, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Default Shipping costs - parts for a vehicle.

HI,

Can anyone tell me the most cost effective way of shipping a fly wheel and clutch from the UK please ?
I'm thinking it wasn't a good idea to bring our car over

Thank you
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:14 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping costs - parts for a vehicle.

What is the weight?
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:08 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped an exhaust (19KG) 150 quid
And a set of brake callipers and discs (23kg) 160 quid
The callipers and disks are probably a similar weight and size to the clutch kit.

I have used http://www.worldwide-parcelservices....xpid=2747225-0 several times with no issues.
Using the code SURVEY5PC used to give a 5% discount. Might still work.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:09 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

By the way you will get charged duty and GST when they land - came to about $250 on the brakes (declared value 500 quid) but is obviously dependent on the value.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

A motorbike exhaust from the states was about 300 bux from memory if you can get them to mark it as a gift or warrenty replacement there is no tax to pay, most shippers will do this some wont but you have to ask !!!Neil

What car have u got ?

The guy over from me had a gearbox for his landy sent over and it was still cheaper than the theiving Kiwi baskets

Last edited by Jan n Neil; Nov 1st 2012 at 3:23 am.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:01 pm
Happy in Wellington

I've been charged for stuff marked as gift, also not been charged for some stuff at all. Best to assume you will be charged and occasionally you might not be!