Shipping costs

Old Jan 26th 2020, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

JacquiRob is on a distinguished road
Default Shipping costs

After 13 glorious years in New Zealand we are thinking about returning to the UK. We have to wait until our 11 year old dog is gone but we wondered if anyone had recently shipped their home contents to the UK and could give me a rough estimate on the costs. We recently moved from Wairarapa to Hawkes bay and we filled a 20ft container so i guess it would be about the same although we would get rid of anything we dont really want to take back. We have loved NZ but my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are all in the UK and I can no longer spend my life without them.
Old Jan 28th 2020, 3:33 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping costs

Hi Jacqui I would suggest having a look in the Returning to UK forum, if you can't find any answers them maybe just make a thread about it there
Old Jan 28th 2020, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

BtotheR is just really niceBtotheR is just really niceBtotheR is just really niceBtotheR is just really niceBtotheR is just really niceBtotheR is just really niceBtotheR is just really niceBtotheR is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping costs

Originally Posted by JacquiRob
After 13 glorious years in New Zealand we are thinking about returning to the UK. We have to wait until our 11 year old dog is gone but we wondered if anyone had recently shipped their home contents to the UK and could give me a rough estimate on the costs. We recently moved from Wairarapa to Hawkes bay and we filled a 20ft container so i guess it would be about the same although we would get rid of anything we dont really want to take back. We have loved NZ but my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are all in the UK and I can no longer spend my life without them.
Hi Jacqui. We used a company called Conroy. I wouldn't overly recommend them as things did go missing, their item listing is vague and none barcoded, a box was left in Auckland and only 'found' when we realised certain items weren't there months later but their insurance did pay so reasonable all in all. We took approx half a container from West Auckland to Kendal - door to door, and all packed by a team of packers and was stored for a couple of months here too (this cost extra and was directly to the company who stored it here). It cost approx $4k NZD and this was end half of 2018. Best thing is to just contact a couple of companies and they come around and assess how much stuff you have to be able to quote.

FYI the lady from Conroy who assessed ours told us the shipping fees were very similar to if we were just shipping the stuff from north to south island as it is to sent to the UK. All about the traffic numbers I guess.

Hope this helps and good luck with you move.