Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping costs????

Shipping costs????

Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping costs????

Originally Posted by Jewelie38
When I rang the shipping companies to get a quote I told them that I had already packed all our house up and only wanted them to quote me to load into a 20 foot container and do the usual stuff afterwards. (My husband had acquired many rolls of bubble wrap through his work so seemed the best idea at the time). I had three companies quote me then finally when we had negotiated a price and where happy we took John Masons offer. The companies seemed quite happy to quote, however, you will not be able to take out accidental cover, as afterall, you could have damaged the item during the packing. I took out total loss in case my container was lost, sank or had water damage, if I remember rightly I took this with John Mason's as well.
The only thing with packing yourself is you need to be very organised and keep a list of basically whats in each box (just the big things) eg. like books or tools etc. When the guys arrive to start loading the container, (the container comes to outside your home) you may have to transfer the list to their paperwork. I had to and it took me about 15-30 mins. Obviously you also have to number each box or item to correspond with your list.
We found this all very easy and container arrived very promptly, nothing broken and the guys this end were very careful and efficient in unloading and taking each item to the right rooms in the house. I would definately recommend John Masons. Hope this helps! x
That great thank you so much, i will have a look and give them a call...xxx
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:23 am
Just Joined

suspect zero is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We used John Mason
We packed all our own boxes put everything in storage then packed the container at the storage site with a couple of blokes from Masons went straight out from Avonmouth.
The only thing MAF were interested in were the xmas decorations they didn't touch the bikes or garden tools.
Just wished i'd brought all the camping gear.
Don't worry too much about bringing Tvs bring books cds dvds computer gear BEDS and more beds and a caravan or two would be good all your tools and what ever else you can squeeze in.
Regards
Phil
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suspect zero
Hi
We used John Mason
We packed all our own boxes put everything in storage then packed the container at the storage site with a couple of blokes from Masons went straight out from Avonmouth.
The only thing MAF were interested in were the xmas decorations they didn't touch the bikes or garden tools.
Just wished i'd brought all the camping gear.
Don't worry too much about bringing Tvs bring books cds dvds computer gear BEDS and more beds and a caravan or two would be good all your tools and what ever else you can squeeze in.
Regards
Phil
Did you put things like boxes of supplies of toilitries in the container, some say you can and some say you can't
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:38 am
Just Joined

suspect zero is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I put a few cases of deodorant vitamin pills shampoo toothpaste and soap in only because i had them leftover from an expedition to costco a few months prior.
But also got a shock when i opened one of my boxes and it had screenwash and slug pellets in (Must have been packed by the stepson) can't remember what we labelled them as.
When our container got to NZ it was handled by the moving company who were very good and were part of the mason's package.
Regards
Phil
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suspect zero
Hi
I put a few cases of deodorant vitamin pills shampoo toothpaste and soap in only because i had them leftover from an expedition to costco a few months prior.
But also got a shock when i opened one of my boxes and it had screenwash and slug pellets in (Must have been packed by the stepson) can't remember what we labelled them as.
When our container got to NZ it was handled by the moving company who were very good and were part of the mason's package.
Regards
Phil
Thanks for that, was hoping to get some tolitries etc in the container .thanks again