Shipping Costs?

Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shipping Costs?

We're wondering whether it is worth the cost of shipping V's buying new across there?

Could anyone who has recently moved advise me on the costs of shipping their belongings over there?
Also what are the costs, compared to the UK, of general household items (Sofas, TV, etc, etc...)

Thanks Again
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

levy147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Costs?

Originally Posted by garryhg
We're wondering whether it is worth the cost of shipping V's buying new across there?

Could anyone who has recently moved advise me on the costs of shipping their belongings over there?
Also what are the costs, compared to the UK, of general household items (Sofas, TV, etc, etc...)

Thanks Again
Hi garry

We haven't actually moved over there yet, but we had a quote from PSS for a 20ft container and for them to pack everything (4 bed house) which they said would take about 2 days, the quote was for approx £3,500, hope this helps

loadsa luv
Sal
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:08 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

Thanks Again
Hi Gary
I'm not moving till september & although i only have a 2 bedroom flat, have been advised by various expat groups etc to take all with me. your electrical stuff, TV, phone etc will all work over there (age dependant!) & you should be able to get everytning well inside a 20ft container, take bikes , garden furniture , everything...MAF may clean it but its still more cost effective! just take plugs off & get new ones when you land...
sorry cant be more help
ceri
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:19 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Again
Check the Really Useful Thread - someone started a whole thread dedicated to this topic, then collated the replies and posted it on there. Well done that person! (no - it wasn't me! )
We took a very short term view - how much could we afford to ship........we ended up as groupage or part load as we chose not to take everything.
But we had planned this move in an airy fairy kind of way for years. We hadn't bought very much new furniture in the last few years as we thought we would rather buy here in NZ - furniture that would be in keeping with the style of houses here. I am glad we did so as our UK bookcases and entertainment unit would have dwarfed the scale of our lounge area here. As we hadn't bought much new over the last few years in Britain, we had that money to spend here...... However, 'horses for courses' and all that

Last edited by karonious; Apr 12th 2007 at 12:26 pm.