Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies

Shipping Companies

Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Companies

We used John Mason for a move in GB & they were very good.

Have used Pickfords & PSS to move our stuff to NZ. The former were excellent though we did have some damage. No trouble with our insurance claim though, all sorted out quickly & efficiently. PSS were fine in the UK but NZ Van lines were dreadful. Lots of damage & took a lot of time & hassle to get our claim sorted.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

We have used Robinsons - our things are on their way at the moment so can't really comment fully - they were great in the UK. They said we weren't going to use their insurance as it was too expensive so they match a quote we had got. Conroy Removals are being used at the other end, but I can't comment on them at the moment
Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gaz1277
Scraping the barrel now Kenpom..........

HERD it before!!
Anymore, and you'll be BABAR'd
IVORY strong, like Tarzan

Groan
Dont groan it will make you feel a Little Blue
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Andy_Nikki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rick that would be really helpful, also information on how long one has to wait at the other end for containers to arrive.
Cheers
Andy
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

with regards to shipping, am I right in thinking that if you have PR then no problem. If you have gone over on a 6 month visitor while ITA has been lodged with the hope that PR will be granted before the plane tickets back home then is your stuff kept somewhere and you can't have it until PR? Or can you have it sent to family in NZ and pay tax??
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Ok, 1 small car, 1 motorbike, some furniture and clothes...

How big should the container be, insurance etc.. a rough price please guys...

A question you may not be able to answer as everyones quantity of junk is different eh..

Thanks..
Gary.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Crown are a complete waste of space.

Called up to organise survey for today at 1230 a few days ago... came home and no-one here... I just called up and they've booked me in for tomorrow not today.

I specifically asked for today since I'm not available tomorrow. Arranged to speak to branch manager to complain, not that it will change anything but it'll make me feel better.

Ok so here is my list:

Crown <--
Pickfords
Robinsons
GB Liners
Anglo Pacific

And I've now added John Mason.

Onwards and upwards!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Ok... this may have been a bit harsh. Ended up calling branch manager, she apologised prefusely and managed to get a move consultant around after work. He's just gone, was very thorough and I'm impressed with the service they'll provide. Costings will be in the post... needless to say he stated they wouldn't be the cheapest, but would be willing to discuss prices.

Whats the rough ball park figure do you think for a motorcycle inside our own 20ft container?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rick78
Ok... this may have been a bit harsh. Ended up calling branch manager, she apologised prefusely and managed to get a move consultant around after work. He's just gone, was very thorough and I'm impressed with the service they'll provide. Costings will be in the post... needless to say he stated they wouldn't be the cheapest, but would be willing to discuss prices.
Whats the rough ball park figure do you think for a motorcycle inside our own 20ft container?
Looks like you and me Rick need to meet up when we're in NZ and go out for a tear about on the bikes eh.

Can you post up ya quotes when you get them for me please mate?

Gary.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes of course - will post up all initial prices followed by haggled down prices... oh yes re ride... also in uk before we go!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes of course - will post up all initial prices followed by haggled down prices... oh yes re ride... also in uk before we go!
Thanks Rick. It may save me getting them round if i roughly know what sort of stuff ya taking too..

I went out for blast the other day as it was sunny!..
Where do you live then?.

Gary
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm out tomorrow... weather seems ok and the Italian machine needs a run!

I'm in Brum so a fair way from Essex unfortunately... I do head down past oxford a fair bit and may pop there tomorrow ... Fish hill near broadway is awesome.

Anyway that's a bit OT!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm out tomorrow... weather seems ok and the Italian machine needs a run!
I'm in Brum so a fair way from Essex unfortunately... I do head down past oxford a fair bit and may pop there tomorrow ... Fish hill near broadway is awesome.
Anyway that's a bit OT!
No problem mate,
Yeah, those italian bikes do need to be kept running eh.

You never know, we may meet up in NZ..
Old Feb 12th 2011, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Kezzar is an unknown quantity at this point

Our experience with John Masson was awful
They were sneeky, dishonest and I would not recommend them.

They quoted us based on a 20ft container, sent only 2 guys to pack up our entire house which was far too much for them. They were CLEARLY not happy and made that very obvious which put us in a very awkward position.

If you decide to use John Masson ask them to quote you based on cubic Meters so they don't at the last minute claim you have more stuff and demand more money.

Also, they said it would take between 8-10 weeks to arrive in Wellington but apparently that is NOT to Wellignton, that is to Sydney. I would double check that too.

Sorry, I don't want to sound negative but we've been treated so badly by them and am so dissappointed!

Keep shopping around until you feel comfortable with your choice.

Best of luck
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

After a lot of thought and bearing in mind OH is already out in NZ, we have decided to only ship personal stuff - photos, momentoes etc. He will be needing stuff way before our stuff would get there, so have decided on complete fresh start and buy new as we go along!

10 tea chests, max 40kg each £365.00 - shared container packed with our tired old furniture and Ikea chipboard stuff £2500.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.