Reload this Page >

Shipping belongings over

Shipping belongings over

Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:43 am
Just Joined

ellenl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping belongings over

Hi,

Can anyone reccomend a company near to York/Leeds that we can use for shipping our stuff over to NZ.
I can't see any posts on here for this question.

Thanks !
Old Feb 5th 2012, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping belongings over

Is it for a large amount or just some boxes?
Old Feb 5th 2012, 5:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

have a look through this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737116
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

We used John Mason from wakefield, Liverpool based and cheapest by far from quotes we got, service was great, packers most excellent. No issues, we had shared container and it was 12 weeks door to door which worked perfect for us
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Crown have a depot in Leeds, I used them, very good
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

hippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the rough

personally, when we came over here 3yrs ago - we used john masons - and had real problems - they underestimated my household items significantly - and as the packing was not done on a 'need most' basis - we found no room for part of dining suite etc.... they threw the few important bits in the back of a van and drove off - on the way to the airport next day, they rang and said it would be another 700 gbp to send the things...... hmmmm. Have come to the conclusion, you probably get what you pay for, and crown has a good, if expensive reputation - good luck - hope you love NZ as much as we all do xxx
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

ellenl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Thank you for your replies & the link, we will only be sending a small amount over, its mainly things we have collected whilst living here for 2 years, no furniture - just sentimental things and useful things we like!

I will look in to the prices.

Thanks again

Ellen
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

If your just shipping over a few boxes and no big items I'd recommend Seven Seas.
They work UK wide and ship door to door. I shipped my stuff (18 boxes worth) with them in 2010. they were excellent and, I think, good value too.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

I also have used Seven Seas. They deliver boxes, bubble wrap, tape and marker pen. You then pack yourself and fill out inventory for each box. They then collect boxes from your house - yu can have storage for up to a month at no charge.
I packed a total of 12 boxes and 1 golf bag. Each box can be up to 40kg in weight and they offer 2 sizes - tea chest and book box.
They then deliver to your address in NZ. Total for mine (from Kent to ChCh) was GBP469.90 in Nov 2011. My belongings are somewhere enroute atm!