Reload this Page >

Shipping - Allied or Crown ??

Shipping - Allied or Crown ??

Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:43 pm
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006

Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping - Allied or Crown ??

Hi there,
Our house is sold and I have to make a decision on the shippers by Monday. I've had the estimators in and it's come down to a choice between Allied Pickfords and Crown. Their pricing is so near that the difference isn't a factor, so it's down to intangibles, and here I can't really find much distinction either.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience that could help me make the choice?

Please don't recommend any other shippers - there isn't time!

TIA

Steve
Old Apr 8th 2006, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping - Allied or Crown ??

Originally Posted by Stevemw
Hi there,
Our house is sold and I have to make a decision on the shippers by Monday. I've had the estimators in and it's come down to a choice between Allied Pickfords and Crown. Their pricing is so near that the difference isn't a factor, so it's down to intangibles, and here I can't really find much distinction either.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience that could help me make the choice?

TIA

Steve

We used Crown and they were fantastic. They have their own company here, so don't use agents.

Gill
Old Apr 8th 2006, 2:25 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
We used Crown and they were fantastic. They have their own company here, so don't use agents.

Gill
We didn't use either - but I'd go for Crown as I've never heard anything good about Allied Pickfords.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 3:11 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Used Crown from Sydney to NZ - excellent! Highly recommended.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

fiona i is on a distinguished road

Hi

try craig daniels at cardinal maritime/smartmove from manchester - they did a good job for us from scotland to nz and were the cheapest by far.

fi
Old Apr 9th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stevemw
Hi there,

TIA

Steve
crown packed our 3 bed house on monday, started at 8.30am , done 90% by 2.30, returned 8.30am tuesday conatiner arrived 10am, started loading at 10.30 (tok 1/2 hr to get down our small cul de sac) all loaded by 1.30pm
so far so good. Stand still & you get wrapped
good luck
Old Apr 9th 2006, 11:52 am
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006

Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone. Sounds like Crown it is then....
See you in CHC
Cheers,
Steve